MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [TUTORIAL]Integrate Twitter Logins with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
After lots of tweaking i have nearly got this working but i have an error no one else has mentioned. After clicking accept on the twitter page it says" redirecting you back to the application" and then gives me a blank page with the error message.
ERROR: Could not authenticate with OAuth.

when i try to reproduce it by going to twlogin.php it redirects me to callback.php which is a blank screen with the error

ERROR: Incorrect signature

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?
(2010-07-17, 05:25 PM)coastguards Wrote: [ -> ]After lots of tweaking i have nearly got this working but i have an error no one else has mentioned. After clicking accept on the twitter page it says it's redirecting me and then gives me a blank page with the error message.

when i try to reproduce it by going to twlogin.php it redirects me to callback.php which is a blank screen with the error

Did you fill in your API information?
(2010-07-17, 05:32 PM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-17, 05:25 PM)coastguards Wrote: [ -> ]After lots of tweaking i have nearly got this working but i have an error no one else has mentioned. After clicking accept on the twitter page it says it's redirecting me and then gives me a blank page with the error message.

not sure what API information is, if it's the two keys from twitter then i did that.
(2010-07-17, 05:42 PM)coastguards Wrote: [ -> ]

not sure what API information is, if it's the two keys from twitter then i did that.

Are you sure the keys you filled in are correct?

Those errors show up when Twitter can't verify either a user or a website's keys.
(2010-07-17, 05:45 PM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-17, 05:42 PM)coastguards Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you sure the keys you filled in are correct?

Those errors show up when Twitter can't verify either a user or a website's keys.

Opps Blush after reading your reply and rechecking i have put them in twlogin but not in callback RTFM Big Grin

Thanks for the fast response afrothunder
Did someone tried this on mybb 1.6?

EDIT - Yes, it works. Thanks Afrothunder Smile
Could not authenticate with OAuth now. Everything was fine, but after some editing in PHP messages it comes to this:

Quote:Could not authenticate with OAuth.

I´ve just managed to "Choose username" screen without picking any username (not a bug, I just stepped back), but when I tried again twlogin.php it comes to this Sad

Any tip? - Just backup and edited required values and this still showed up

Is this a twitter API issue?
(2010-08-14, 10:23 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a twitter API issue?

If all of your keys are in the correct places then usually yes, it is a twitter API issue. If clearing cookies+cache and waiting for a bit doesn't clear it there is a deeper problem however.

Also, its nice to know that the scripts run on 1.6, thanks for trying it Smile
Hmm, I figured it out. It´s not API fault.

I was running twlogin.php page with my regular account still valid and not like a guest, then the authentication twitter=>mybb was trying to syncronize both accounts, and not creating a new one...

Thank god it didn´t work - I don´t want to loose my admin account LOL Toungue

Solved.

Thanks Afrothunder Smile
Perfect use of this tweak would be creating a new usergroup then showing "twdisconnect.php" link just for them, not all users...

LOL, nevermind. Logout button works the same way to them.
Please can someone help me with this:

I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchSingle() on a non-object in /home/admin/public_html/callback.php on line 252

what shud I do?
(2010-11-02, 05:10 AM)Abhinav Wrote: [ -> ]Please can someone help me with this:

I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchSingle() on a non-object in /home/admin/public_html/callback.php on line 252

what shud I do?

Script Requirements Wrote:Requirements:
A server with PHP5 and SQLite
A set of Application and Secret keys from Twitter

Do you meet these requirements?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14