MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switched to Opera 10.5 for now, what about you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:AdBlock+ was also lacking in Opera.

Right Click -> Block content and click on the types of adds you don't want shown.

I still use IE8 as my default browser, gone off Opera though 10.5 adds the Win7 integration which is very nice but the theme and lack of mene bar sucks. I got the menu bar back up, and got to a reasonably good theme, but meh. It is still the most feature filled browser but IE still works, so I'll use it.
I been with Opera since my Netscape switch back with Opera 4.

I have all browsers installed but only Opera really has the speed and function for me to get things done. Opera has been way ahead of the competition for years now when it comes to features. If I try to use any other browser I just get frustrated by it's lack of real features.

Why should I install an email client, irc, and torrent software when I can just run Opera?
I switch few years ago since Opera goes freeware.
I remember since version 3. Now goes to 10 Smile
(2010-03-15, 08:56 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Why should I install an email client, irc, and torrent software when I can just run Opera?
Because most people don't like a browser bloated with all this software. Most people would like to just get the browser part and decide for themselves what to install next Toungue.
Apart from the odd red button at the top, I love it.
(2010-03-15, 04:43 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from the odd red button at the top, I love it.
I agree, I like the idea of the red button but its to much placed in the corner.
Quote:Because most people don't like a browser bloated with all this software.

Opera install file is smaller than Firefox. It has about the same memory footprint as well. It's not bloat at all.

Quote:Because most people don't like a browser bloated with all this software.

What red button? I have my browser display very streamlined for my usage.
(2010-03-15, 09:54 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What red button? I have my browser display very streamlined for my usage.

Install Opera 10.5 Toungue.
Was using IE then about 2 years ago I switched to Firefox and never looked back.

Not tried Opera as yet Smile
(2010-03-15, 11:18 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-15, 08:56 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Why should I install an email client, irc, and torrent software when I can just run Opera?
Because most people don't like a browser bloated with all this software. Most people would like to just get the browser part and decide for themselves what to install next Toungue.
This is why I went with Google Chrome.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7