MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switched to Opera 10.5 for now, what about you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Opera still lacks some things compared to Firefox:
- no SOCKS proxy support
- Opera's DragonFly debugger sucks compared to Firebug
- Plugins - Firefox has far too many for Opera to get there; eg TabMix Plus for undo tab closes, multirow tabbar (I have too many tabs open)

Probably can come up with more. But if you don't need them, then that's another thing.
I use firefox simply because I'm used to it - I really don't care if one or the other is faster in terms of page loading. I like ABP. I like firebug. Works fine for what I do and I see no need to change any time soon.
NetCaptor is only an IE shell though.

But yeah.. a search shows that you are correct that NetCaptor is given credit.

Quote:TabMix Plus for undo tab closes

You can do this from the Opera trash that's been there a long time now. I think since 10.0 but maybe earlier.
Hey other Google Chrome users...I am a fellow user and have a question.

I use the latest Google Chrome for Mac and I was wondering, am I able to use HTML 5 yet?
HTML 5 isn't completed so it's hard to tell. It does support some tags though.
(2010-03-16, 09:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i am scared my loyalty for Firefox might diminish

Your loyalty should be to your own browsing. Firefox is more of a cult than an actually good browser. People blindly believe it's the best because their friends tell them so. IMHO it's not even better than IE8.
How is it worse than IE8. Firefox was the best browser for a long time but now Chrome is catching up and so is Opera and they are currently "beating" Firefox 3.6 in terms of speed.

(2010-03-16, 09:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'd use Opera if Chrome didn't exist. Use it before Chrome came but Chrome is all I need in a browser. I don't see the appeal in Firefox really. It's selling point is all the plugins and themes, but I hardly have any Chrome plugins and only have a very subtly different theme to the default. Plus almost every time I open I open it and open a few tabs it just freezes.
Never had any problems with freezing. I usually have 10-25 tabs open in Firefox but lately I been spreading the tabs over Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. Having so many tabs open in one browser just eats a lot of memory.

(2010-03-16, 11:50 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Hey other Google Chrome users...I am a fellow user and have a question.

I use the latest Google Chrome for Mac and I was wondering, am I able to use HTML 5 yet?
Chrome supports some HTML 5 but not all yet.
Quote:How is it worse than IE8

That's not what I said. I stated that Firefox is not better than IE8. I stand by the statement as it's my opinion. Yes you can compare speed and some other factors but when it comes down to it I think IE8 is a pretty good browser.
I have long been a FF user. Recent problems with a FF update forced me to move to another browser.
This was Opera.
Now in my experience Opera was quicker when freshly installed but after a few weeks i felt it had slowed down quite a lot. So i went back to FF.
Now does this mean anything? Nope not really. I mean you can google to see which browser is quicker and get a whole bunch of different info.
The same goes for Security. Some sites say one is better while others say the other is better.

Myself i think ultimately IE, FF and Opera are all quite similar.
IE i just dont like. Nothing more than that. I guess its a deep seated hate from the earlier IE versions.
Opera well i did get a real kick out of using it when i started but i cant remember what actually made me change back to FF. But it was something that bugged me.
Ultimately i think there all good browsers and a good choice for whoever uses either.
i been an firefox fan pruly beacuse of the adons. that our just not there on other browers. seo tools and so on. i have tried Opera and have found it hard to get use to the interface but this dose not mean its not faster then firefox beacuse it is but like people here have said it dose seem to slow down after an while. but i have noties that the windows verion off firefox has got very slow the mac one dose seem an lot faster. i have been using google chrome for non work stuff when i dont need to have the adons as it is an lot faster and its great for displaying javascript much faster then all the other browers and ajax and javascript.

but i not triyed the new verion off Opera so i think i am going to give it an try again but i dont think anythink can pull me away from firefox yet due to the adon i need everyday.

lets not get me talking about ie best not too Big Grin
(2010-03-16, 11:03 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:TabMix Plus for undo tab closes

You can do this from the Opera trash that's been there a long time now. I think since 10.0 but maybe earlier.
I see, didn't notice that. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7