MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switched to Opera 10.5 for now, what about you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I do run 10.5. Smile

I use standard skins too normally. I just have customized all my buttons to be only exactly what I use. Example is a "find in page" box I have in my personal bar.
Been with Firefox forever.
But to my surprise, i seem to like Opera 10.5. i am scared my loyalty for Firefox might diminish
No css3?
(2010-03-15, 11:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I do run 10.5. Smile

I use standard skins too normally. I just have customized all my buttons to be only exactly what I use. Example is a "find in page" box I have in my personal bar.
Ah Toungue

(2010-03-16, 01:52 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Been with Firefox forever.
But to my surprise, i seem to like Opera 10.5. i am scared my loyalty for Firefox might diminish
Same I am now switching of with Firefox and Opera. I use Firefox for development and Facebook/Youtube and Opera for forum posting and cloudica Toungue.
(2010-03-16, 02:26 PM)zehel Wrote: [ -> ]No css3?
Surprise!
Quote:i am scared my loyalty for Firefox might diminish

Your loyalty should be to your own browsing. Firefox is more of a cult than an actually good browser. People blindly believe it's the best because their friends tell them so. IMHO it's not even better than IE8.
I'd use Opera if Chrome didn't exist. Use it before Chrome came but Chrome is all I need in a browser. I don't see the appeal in Firefox really. It's selling point is all the plugins and themes, but I hardly have any Chrome plugins and only have a very subtly different theme to the default. Plus almost every time I open I open it and open a few tabs it just freezes.
Firefox's selling point for was the plugins. But, well I slowly stopped using them and most were just thing like firebug and better tab management. However with chrome it's all there already. I have 2 plugins with chrome(ad-blocker and ie-tab).
The tab management in Opera is phenominal. And it was Opera that did invent tabs to begin with.

I use a ton of the built in features of Opera that saves me a great deal of time.

Examples are quick url search shortcuts.
d keyword = dictionary search
b keyword = bing search
g keyword = google search

You can add custom searches too.

The mouse gestures is really important to me. They save me a lot of time.

The newer Quick Dial has been amazing too. I use it as my start page and blank page default. Makes my life once again easier and my browsing experience more enjoyable. It's about speed and function.

I do use the IRC client in Opera. It's simple and functional. Saves me a process too.

To me there aren't any must-have plugins for Firefox that aren't features already built into Opera.
Yeah Chrome has a very good version of Firebug built in. You can just search Google straight by typing in the address bar and hitting Enter. Google new tab page is poor as you can't choose what sites show, I agree Opera Quick Dial is very good, got a Chrome plugin to do a similar thing.
Quote:And it was Opera that did invent tabs to begin with.
Did not.
NetCaptor came up with tabbed browsing interface, in 1997. Opera introduced it too in version 4.0, later in 2000. And since the release of IE7, which also introduced the tabbed browsing interface, every major browser adapted this new interface.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7