MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to view someone's desktop without them knowing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Still an invasion of privacy, still spying, still messed up.
(2010-04-08, 01:59 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-08, 01:49 AM)Oxymoron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-08, 01:45 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Remote Desktop. Comes preinstalled. Also best way, install spyware. Gets you a free look at it.

Thanks! Hey where would I find her computer's "Remote Computer Name", because I need it in order to connect

You have to get on it. Imho, log the computer. Best way. I helped a friend get expose there dad's affair that way. Worked well.

If you have root access to your router, it'll be there, too.
So I clicked on remote settings on my computer, and turned it to allow remote control, then I went to her computer (Because she went to do something, but of course she had exited out of everything first), and pressed allow on remote settings.

Just to test, I tried to control my computer through hers, and it worked, but when I try to control hers through mine, it never connects giving me that "not on the same network" bullcrap, which obviously isn't true if I could access my computer from hers.

She's running Vista, I'm running 7, any suggestions?
Well ok. There some programs yes. Although if you know what your looking for a key logger may work and would be easier to hide especially since it would use much less bandwidth.
Just out of curiosity, what's she doing that's so bad?
Can't you just check what you need to check when she isn't at the computer?
Whatever she's doing, what you're asking here is just as bad and you shouldn't be doing this, your stooping to her standards, maybe even lower (since we don't know what's going on IF ANYTHING)!

If she's your sister, and you're trying to look out for her the only way possible for you to do this is by talking to her as has already been suggested......Snooping isn't going to help and could potentially end up with both of you being in trouble!!
(2010-04-08, 02:46 AM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, what's she doing that's so bad?

This. Though it does actually make a difference...

And while people are throwing suggestions like "keylogger" out there, how about "packet sniffer?"
(2010-04-08, 01:44 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]You could sneak up behind her and look over her shoulder?

That was my first thought. Toungue
(2010-04-08, 02:55 AM)iPod15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-08, 01:44 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]You could sneak up behind her and look over her shoulder?

That was my first thought. Toungue

Probably the best suggestion in here. Toungue Legal, harmless, free, and requires very little skill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5