MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to view someone's desktop without them knowing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-04-08, 03:24 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just tell your parents about your suspicion and let them deal with it?

When I did that mine said to take care of it myself...
(2010-04-08, 03:31 AM)bubka3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-08, 03:24 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't you just tell your parents about your suspicion and let them deal with it?

When I did that mine said to take care of it myself...

Well how bad is it?
RDP won't work because it will log her out each time you login. VNC is an option but with most VNC servers it shows you when clients are connected. A logger is your best option but it's usually not realtime.
As for the legalities, if it's in your own home then you are within the law to act and take precautions to prevent illegal activity from occuring. It's the equivalent of setting up a hidden camera to record guests which is perfectly legal.
Legal or not, it's somewhat immoral to go spying IMO. And we still don't have any idea how bad whatever is supposed to be or what it is. I mean I know some people that would freak out over someone cussing (see...many posts on this site LOL) and claim it's a big deal. I also know people who wouldn't even consider it a big deal if she was using the internet to break half the laws in existence somehow. We really don't know anything here - we don't know her age, the OP's age, who owns the house, who pays the bills, what the alleged activity is, who owns the computer, etc. For all we know this could be a case of someone wanting to be nosey, not knowing how, and then claiming something bad is happening in hopes of getting information on how to stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Eh, either he would get the information from us or Google, at least this way I can increase my post count. Big Grin
What are you talking about KuJoe the MyBB community is better than google Toungue.
(2010-04-08, 05:51 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about KuJoe the MyBB community is better than google Toungue.

[Image: shocked-smiley-9444.gif] :No comment:
The way I see it is I would much rather see him get in trouble for spying on his sister than have a guilt-ridden forum member because he didn't have the means to stop his sister from doing something devistating when he knew there was something wrong. So of those 2 options I'm sure we're all in agreement that breaching of privacy is still much better than having to attend a sibiling in the hospital or a funeral.
She's running Vista?

Set up parental controls on her account.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5