MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to view someone's desktop without them knowing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
On the moral issue: You're her brother not her guardian. I sincerly doubt your parents would approve and despite your so-called good intentions I think you just want to spy on your sister.

On the tecnical issue: You want a RAT (Remote Administration Tool). Depending on the level of access you have to the computer itself it can be easy to setup. One particular popular program that's free it Team Viewer. If however you want to install a RAT without legitimate access you'll have to actually look into methods to infect her. Which I won't help you with.
(2010-04-08, 06:38 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]The way I see it is I would much rather see him get in trouble for spying on his sister than have a guilt-ridden forum member because he didn't have the means to stop his sister from doing something devistating when he knew there was something wrong. So of those 2 options I'm sure we're all in agreement that breaching of privacy is still much better than having to attend a sibiling in the hospital or a funeral.

There's two ways of looking at this, you could be right but it could also be the cause of "having to attend a sibling in the hospital or a funeral"!
True, but if you have a brother or sister you know the risks involved already. Wink
Yea just use team viewer.
Unless your sister is going to be an lime, you're not going to have any legal issues as per say.
Oxymoron Wrote:My sister has been doing some not so great stuff online, actually stuff that really worries me.

I understand you being concerned... I know someone who does some i really care about who does some unsafe stuff also Sad

Good luck!
Is she chatting with pervs or something?

Anything else really isn't that big of a deal.
(2010-04-09, 04:26 AM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Is she chatting with pervs or something?

Anything else really isn't that big of a deal.

Again, depends family morals and culture morals. To you downloading music maybe just meh, w/e. To some cultures its considered stealing just like stealing a car.
If you have different computers install teamviewer on her computer, option it so that it starts up everytime she starts comp and remember her id and put a pass that you want and just go on when ever she one Big Grin?
I wouldn't consider team viewer something that can go unnoticed easily.
But after a while she might not even notice it's running.
Your best bet is to install a RAT as someone has mentioned earlier
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5