MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When did this come in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-05-24, 04:10 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 01:18 PM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 01:16 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you should remove all paid plugins from the releases sub forum if you're not allowing anymore paid plugins to submitted in the future.
The current releases forum will be archived when the new system begins.

I understand that but it's not archived yet and new users that read that information may find it confusing

A blog post will be put up in the new few days to clarify and show a more in-depth road map on this.
Good, something's finally being done about this. Hopefully this will solve a few issues.

Anyways, will the official site disassociate itself completely from alternative licenses, paid addons, and such? As in no signature links, no support whatsoever, or? If it's going to be explained in the blog post then I can wait but I'm just curious.
(2010-05-24, 12:33 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]The only ones that will profit from this are those plugin authors who are already established here. The new guys will have no chance. Thank you for your answer.

Why...?? Huh I don't see your logic there.
(2010-05-24, 05:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 12:33 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]The only ones that will profit from this are those plugin authors who are already established here. The new guys will have no chance. Thank you for your answer.

It is very simple. Labrocca, pirata and others who are already known here will not be aafected by this. Whereas the new coders like calypso and others who are not known here will be affected. Because they can't posts paid mods and the others I mentioned above have tons of posts with paid mos and are already established.
If you want to promote your website, simply release free plugins. That way people will know that you offer paid plugins on your site too once they go there Smile

They can delete my paid plugins release threads if they want to
(2010-05-24, 06:12 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to promote your website, simply release free plugins. That way people will know that you offer paid plugins on your site too once they go there Smile

They can delete my paid plugins release threads if they want to

I don't have plugins because I don't know how to code. But I meant it in general for the new coders that might come to Mybb. And I didn't mean in it ina bad way about you and the other coders that are already established here. It should be seen as a compliment that you are known here Smile
Remember they can still advertise their forums in Showcase and Requests/Services.
(2010-05-24, 06:41 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember they can still advertise their forums in Showcase and Requests/Services.

So it will not be a total ban then on paid forums only on paid plugins?
(2010-05-24, 05:12 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 05:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

It is very simple. Labrocca, pirata and others who are already known here will not be aafected by this. Whereas the new coders like calypso and others who are not known here will be affected. Because they can't posts paid mods and the others I mentioned above have tons of posts with paid mos and are already established.

OK, I missed your earlier post mentioning paid authors.

(2010-05-24, 06:47 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-24, 06:41 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember they can still advertise their forums in Showcase and Requests/Services.

So it will not be a total ban then on paid forums only on paid plugins?

Not that I'm aware, this should just affect the actual release forums. Normal showcase rules should still apply, so you can still showcase a forum selling plugins.
I'm sure many questions will be answered with the blog post. So I would just wait for management to figure out how they want to handle it instead of speculating and causing problems later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5