MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RPicard a developer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@ exdiogene

1. Ages doesn't matter! I am 13 and often been told I am more mature than most adults.
2. Ryan is older than 35, hes 37 I think.
3. Ryan, or Rpicard may have taken offensive to that post, I did and it wasn't even pointed at me.
4. I think Rpicard has developed a few themes, maybe thats what hes doing since the next release is 2.0 which will be require theme change.

Come on man, stop complaining and be happy for the new members.
Indeed Connor. I'm also 13 but when I get asked how old I am, I always ask how old the person thinks I am. A lot of them think I'm 22, for some reason. Toungue
(2010-06-09, 09:12 PM)Manuel Feller Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-09, 08:53 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]So, what exactly does he do in the development team? I'm guessing he does not actually codes in PHP by reading the second page.

Please, feel free and drop him a PN, I'm sure he can tell you ;D

And now try not to be rude to the 2 new team members... It's a kinda bad welcome and they must feel bad. You blame us being rude, but you don't do any better.

Give them a warm welcome ;D They're both hired for a reason.

I can't recall being rude to anyone. I prefer to be honest and say exactly what I think to say "Welcome!!!!! We all expect you to do good!".
I welcome both members but I also have some doubts about RPicard and would like them to be clarified if possible. That's all

(2010-06-09, 09:15 PM)ccalby Wrote: [ -> ]@ exdiogene

1. Ages doesn't matter! I am 13 and often been told I am more mature than most adults.
2. Ryan is older than 35, hes 37 I think.
3. Ryan, or Rpicard may have taken offensive to that post, I did and it wasn't even pointed at me.
4. I think Rpicard has developed a few themes, maybe thats what hes doing since the next release is 2.0 which will be require theme change.

Come on man, stop complaining and be happy for the new members.

I believe you're wrong regarding Ryan Gordon's age. Age matters, people can say you're more mature than most adults. However, I can prove that it's wrong. Teens are teens and that's exactly why they're teens, because they're teens and not adults.

Only a few rare teens can be considered more mature than most adults since they might have lived difficult experiences in their lifes which does not apply to most teens.

However, I'm not saying that Ryan Gordon's age has anything to do with this, I'm just saying that age matters.
I need everyone to understand that just because they joined the development team doesn't mean they will immediately thrown onto the main stage.

For those of you who don't know, MyBB is also meant to be a learning experience.

I'm not going to let someone touch the code and change it to something that wouldn't pass my standards (which is very high. You can ask any previous or current developer who's gone through the "trial" phase and they'll tell you what it's like...)

Also, these new developers we've brought on won't be touching the MyBB 1.6 code. They're here for when we start the MyBB 2.0 codebase and longevity of that codebase. Over the next 2-4 years you will see these new developers become experts. I was as newb as any of you not so long ago when it comes to programming and code.

Seems like a lot of people here are just jumping the gun again and freaking out.
(2010-06-09, 09:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I need everyone to understand that just because they joined the development team doesn't mean they will immediately thrown onto the main stage.

For those of you who don't know, MyBB is also meant to be a learning experience.

I'm not going to let someone touch the code and change it to something that wouldn't pass my standards (which is very high. You can ask any previous or current developer who's gone through the "trial" phase and they'll tell you what it's like...)

Also, these new developers we've brought on won't be touching the MyBB 1.6 code. They're here for when we start the MyBB 2.0 codebase and longevity of that codebase. Over the next 2-4 years you will see these new developers become experts. I was as newb as one of you not so long ago when it comes to programming and code.

Seems like a lot of people here are just jumping the gun again and freaking out.

Alright, thank you for the explanation.
(2010-06-09, 09:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a lot of people here are just jumping the gun again and freaking out.

You say that as though it's uncommon around here.

But yes, welcome to you both Smile
(2010-06-09, 09:18 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed Connor. I'm also 13 but when I get asked how old I am, I always ask how old the person thinks I am. A lot of them think I'm 22, for some reason. Toungue

You do seem kindof 22ish Wink
But I'm older than you, so HA I'm better.

14, FTW!
Oh my god!
I'm 14 on September 4th. Oldest in my year group at school is ftw. Wink
Wow, I just got back from a friends house and we're on the 6th page (one of which has pretty much completely been removed). lol

First of all, I'd like to say that I appreciate your concerns. I'm well aware, as is Ryan, that I'm no master with PHP. I can assure you, however, that my knowledge and ability will increase exponentially as my experience with MyBB grows.

As a forum owner, MyBB provided me with an interest in PHP / MySQL development. As a plugin developer, it provided me with a reason to learn and practice coding, as well as a stage on which to perform. As a member of the MyBB team, this program will provide me with a place to continuously push the limits of my experience, inspire me to further my programming skill set, and give back to the program and community that has offered me so much. MyBB is much more than a forum software for me, it is an opportunity, of which I intend to take full advantage.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes and support. To those with concerns, don't worry; I don't plan to disappoint.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6