MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Twitter New Thread 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Awesome, you're making great plugins! You're the man!
(2010-06-25, 09:35 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late post, but this is an amazing and very useful plugin for us Twitter-ers. I even seen MyBB actually using it, too.

Question, though. How does it call the API and how do you add a hashtag to it like @MyBBCommunity does? Toungue
Thanks don't know much about Twitter don't really use it myself. We are just using the twitter api to update the status pretty simple code.
OMG awesome plugin Smile
I have modified the Plugin to allow private forums to be excluded from tweeting and added a Private Forums selection field in Admin Settings. I have also dropped the date from posting in the tweet, since Twitter lists when the tweet was made anyway.

vbgamer45 if you want the code, let me know.

I am also going to work on tweeting the first 200 characters from the thread message now as well.
Sure that would be awesome yeah the date is not really needed.

Didn't know if you added like a forum list to tweet in setttings
This tweets threads in private forums ? Undecided
I'd love to see this on Hackforums. Toungue

Great job.
(2010-06-25, 09:08 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]This tweets threads in private forums ? Undecided
Currently it does might add a setting in new version so it doesn't do that either
(2010-06-25, 09:06 PM)vbgamer45 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure that would be awesome yeah the date is not really needed.

Didn't know if you added like a forum list to tweet in setttings

Dateline is removed. I have added a field to select Private Forums not to tweet in the adminCP Configuration Settings. Its the standard myBB type setting: text box for entering fid's separated by ,'s.

I also had the message tweeting, but found out that Twitter limits tweets to 140 characters, and if it's over that they do NOT clip characters exceeding the 140 ,instead the thread just does not post to Twitter, so I dropped tweeting the message.

The code is still there, just commented out, except in the UpdateStatus, where I removed it altogether.

I also reversed the subject and username order to tweet, because I thought that the username should go before the subject.

I have it installed and working on my forum now, and threads in Private forums are not tweeted. Took me awhile to figure it out, but I did. Big Grin

I'm going to PM the updated file to you, so you can post it as you see fit
Nice to see someone making social network mods for mybb ..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9