MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Twitter New Thread 1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2010-07-23, 03:40 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the other thing is that Twitter is now automatically converting URLs to Bit.ly URLs when the status includes a URL and then will auto truncate the message to fit was well.

It doesn't convert them for me. You can see how mine posts here: http://twitter.com/PheroTruth

I just added an array to create a setting in the acp for fid's to block.
it will only convert them if they make the status over the 140 character limit. then it will convert to bit.ly URLs. If the status is still too long, it will then truncate the non URL portion to make it fit.

At least that was my experience yesterday using the oAuth based API via JSON
yeah, its better if only some chosen forum.
Nice mod Wink
Ok I got OAuth working on one of my sites.

The part that sucks with OAuth is the need for to create a custom app in twitter so that will be tricky to explain.

I have bitly support as well.
+Now supports OAuth which will be required soon for twitter!
hm, 2 questions.

when i try to login via the button on the settings, it just takes me back to the main forum page...

also, where do i get Bitly Username and API from?

For bitly username and api visit bitly.com and signup
Well I tried it just not posting links to thread just title n user that posted it ..

[Image: 84095625.png]

Where did I go wrong ?
Check that the bitly username and api key are correct.
Both bitly APIKey n Username are correct ... I got APIKey from account settings on bitly :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9