MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate computers!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If windows is such a mess, why is it the top selling OS?
(2010-06-30, 02:06 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]If windows is such a mess, why is it the top selling OS?

Because it is simple and the industry standard due to the marketing of Microsoft. This will never change, no matter how decent and user-friendly and powerful Mac or Linux becomes. I'm interested to see what Google does in the way of an operating system and if they will implement native support for Windows applications.
(2010-06-30, 02:06 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]If windows is such a mess, why is it the top selling OS?

Same reason phpbb and vB are the most popular forums. Once it's established it's hard to get rid of it no matter how bad it is Toungue.
(2010-06-29, 11:51 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask how old this computer is? Have you done anything that might have made the Windows OS corrupt the files?
Computer's about 8-9 years old. Been reinstalled several times due to my own stupidity :p
It had recently been in a service for a new Hard Drive (3 years ago), and hasn't been doing anything wrong.

I didn't do anything. Last night, everything was working fine. Turned it on, and files were corrupted for no reason. btw, when I mean corrupted, I mean that the files didn't exist, but Windows seemed to think they did. Windows Live Mail cannot start without one of the files being present. Chrome worked, but gave me errors on every page.

dear-user

Maybe dll librarys has been damaged by a bad sector of your hdd for example. Check them out (i suggest you repaire them at the first)
Nope. Said it several times, it's not Windows related. It's files with certain programs on my user profile in the Local Settings. The files don't exist at all, but Windows thinks they do...
(2010-06-30, 01:53 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Said it several times, it's not Windows related. It's files with certain programs on my user profile in the Local Settings. The files don't exist at all, but Windows thinks they do...

Well there are only in reality 4 ways this could've happened.

Virus corrupted parts of windows.

Windows itself just starts to die.

Harddrive is dying.

You did something.

Only real options. To rule out the first one, run F-Secure online scanner, aswell as MCafee online scanner. If it picks up any major virus thats the issue. You then have to replace all the affect DLL's. and/or windows repair.

To rule out one, run a registry cleaner, not much else can be done. You can try to run a windows repair, best option would be a fresh reinstall.

HDD is dying, easiest to test, run a diagnostic test provided by you manufacturer.

The last is impossible to test, because you don't always know what happened. Usually ends in a fresh install or repair.

dear-user

Quote:You then have to replace all the affect DLL's
Sorry but this is very hard.
I mean finding all of windows's class librarys and change them is a very hard work.
Can you explain more?
(2010-06-30, 08:42 PM)dear-user Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You then have to replace all the affect DLL's
Sorry but this is very hard.
I mean finding all of windows's class librarys and change them is a very hard work.
Can you explain more?

If a virus replaced or corrupted DLL's you'd have to replace them in safe mode, hooking you harddrive up to another computer, or a linux live cd. The report on the virus would tell you which DLL are affected (usually) and then you have to go to a site like DLL dump, and replace the files.
Microsoft is the proof people are stupid enough to buy any crap...
Let alone the dozens of laws they have broken...
They even burned down the Netscape office in the past so that Internet Explorer would no longer have a proper competition.
Bill Gayts equals Hitler on a digital scale, screwing over the consumer, getting rid of all those who oppose their profit and he even makes it sounds good.

I don't know about you but i can't remember Apple even threatening people or monopolizing exporters to only sell their product, nor can i say anything bad about Canonical.
You're just another muppet saying things without even know what you are saying...
All the above is based on proven facts, so for all fanboys, ZIP IT!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5