MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate computers!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@41shots Also, I'm under the impression that OSX uses a Linux kernel anyway. I mean, their CLI is identical to a Bash terminal. I may be wrong though.
(2010-07-02, 12:08 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]@41shots Also, I'm under the impression that OSX uses a Linux kernel anyway. I mean, their CLI is identical to a Bash terminal. I may be wrong though.

No they forked the Unix kernal. Bash is installed on OSX.
It's because you use Windows misery.
(2010-07-02, 12:10 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-02, 12:08 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]@41shots Also, I'm under the impression that OSX uses a Linux kernel anyway. I mean, their CLI is identical to a Bash terminal. I may be wrong though.

No they forked the Unix kernal. Bash is installed on OSX.

They use Darwin, which is based on the Mach kernel (seriously, in the terminal you can get info about a file called 'mach_kernel' which is the actual OS core), which is itself an evolution of the BSD kernel, which is a rewrite of AT&T's UNIX kernel.

I'm 99% confident that if you tried, you could get GNOME running on Darwin instead of Aqua.
Quote:For example, Compiz.

Yeah I mean revolutionary stuff though, Compiz is a play thing. Plus it's a third party application and not a part of either Linux or the distro itself.

Quote:I'm 99% confident that if you tried, you could get GNOME running on Darwin instead of Aqua.

Yeah you can.

OS/X really isn't that great of an OS, it's Apple's earlier operating systems that were great (they made the first GUI), and the really early ones were done with massive help from Microsoft.
The problem is not the computer, its the person using the computer Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5