MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate computers!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

dear-user

But i use a sipmle way by inserting the windows original DVD and going to:
Start=>run
And type sfc/ scannow.
It can repair all of windows DLLs and features!
(2010-06-30, 09:16 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-30, 02:06 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]If windows is such a mess, why is it the top selling OS?
Microsoft is the proof people are stupid enough to buy any crap...

Quite wrong. Microsoft's Operating system is one of the most stable. More stable then OSX and linux desktop in a business environment. My linux test machines a while ago. (3 opensuse, 2 ubuntu) had more issues then the windows XP machines.

Quote:Let alone the dozens of laws they have broken...

Because Mac or Linux have never broken any.

Quote:They even burned down the Netscape office in the past so that Internet Explorer would no longer have a proper competition.

And you wouldn't? Business is open war. There are no real rules.

Quote:Bill Gayts equals Hitler on a digital scale, screwing over the consumer, getting rid of all those who oppose their profit and he even makes it sounds good.

Not even close. Hitler killed an entire group of people. He had blood on his hands. Gates didn't kill anyone. Before you bring up such a stupid comparison between a mass murderer, and a businessman i suggest you think.

Quote:I don't know about you but i can't remember Apple even threatening people or monopolizing exporters to only sell their product, nor can i say anything bad about Canonical.

Really? You don't see apple doing the same things as Windows? Lets see, they force one browser on install. Hey just like MS did. Why the EU didn't do anything is beyond me. If your gonna be as daft as to think in business there is only one bad guy, then choose a different subject where it even seems like that. Because linux does it too. Look at the community, they screamed, we want gimp. We don't want the mac buttons, we don't want all this bloat. Guess what canonical did? Ignored the people, and customers, and did what they wanted. They are just as guilty as windows.

Quote:You're just another muppet saying things without even know what you are saying...
All the above is based on proven facts, so for all fanboys, ZIP IT!

Coming from you sir? You seem to be a linux/mac fanboy aswell...

(This coming from an avid linux user)
(2010-06-30, 09:21 PM)dear-user Wrote: [ -> ]But i use a sipmle way by inserting the windows original DVD and going to:
Start=>run
And type sfc/ scannow.
It can repair all of windows DLLs and features!

Yes but that assumes you have the same service pack on your computer, and on the DVD. Which sometimes you don't, and things get broken worse.

dear-user

Quote:Bill Gayts equals Hitler on a digital scale
This is a silly comparison(a very silly..)
@41shots Apple also forces their own file types for music and videos. You cannot run their operating systems on anything but their own hardware. The biggest mistake that ever happened is putting the close and minimize buttons on the left side of the window. I'll always hate them for that. Smile
(2010-06-30, 10:09 PM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]@41shots Apple also forces their own file types for music and videos. You cannot run their operating systems on anything but their own hardware. The biggest mistake that ever happened is putting the close and minimize buttons on the left side of the window. I'll always hate them for that. Smile

I know i stated that somewhat. Everyone just as guilty as microsoft. Very few major OS's or Distro's haven't sold out yet in some way.
Pffft. Ubuntu will NEVER sell out. <333333333333

</annoying fanboy sarcasm>
(2010-07-01, 12:16 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]Pffft. Ubuntu will NEVER sell out. <333333333333

</annoying fanboy sarcasm>

I use Ubuntu. But the community is widely ignored. Hell they almost made a deal indirectly partnering with microsoft.
(2010-06-30, 08:07 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Virus corrupted parts of windows.
If it was a virus, wouldn't it have corrupted every other file on my system??

Quote:Windows itself just starts to die.
Nope, Windows was working perfectly fine.

Quote:Harddrive is dying.
Nope, HDD is fine.

Quote:You did something.
Already said that I didn't do anything to cause the error.

I'm probably going to move all the important files on my computer to an External HDD, then format Windows.
Quote:I don't know about you but i can't remember Apple even threatening people or monopolizing exporters to only sell their product, nor can i say anything bad about Canonical.

Lolz. Seriously, just lol. Apple's monopolistic techniques rival Microsofts, especially in the last year or so with the domination of the iPhone. Microsoft on the other hand has started loosening up a bit.

Quote:They even burned down the Netscape office in the past so that Internet Explorer would no longer have a proper competition.

That never happened.

And if you want to get technical it was Firefox that drove Netscape out of business, while giving MS a good run for their money.

Quote:Bill Gayts equals Hitler on a digital scale, screwing over the consumer, getting rid of all those who oppose their profit and he even makes it sounds good.

Screwing over the consumer? How? I can, for a reasonable price buy a piece of software that will let me do pretty much anything I want to.

And where is it that Gates became evil and Jobs became a hero? Both are great men and between them they really built the home computer industry. Early Apple's used Microsoft's code, and a lot of Apple's ideas are in Microsoft's products. The two aren't even true rivals at the moment - Microsoft is the largest third-party software provider for Apple computers and likewise Microsoft are heavily invested within Apple. Neither company could survive without each other, and they have an extremely long history of working together. MS even contributed code for the Linux kernel at one point.

Torvalds on the other hand? Pfft, everything in Linux had been done by Apple, Xerox or Microsoft before he came along, and everything that's in Ubuntu now (in regard to the home computer) is accomplished much better in Windows and OS/X. Apple and Microsoft both pioneered their products and created new industries, Desktop Linux was really the one that nicked the ideas and has done nothing revolutionary.

And the comparison to Hitler? When did Hitler donate billions of dollars to...well anyone?
(2010-07-01, 07:35 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-30, 08:07 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Virus corrupted parts of windows.
If it was a virus, wouldn't it have corrupted every other file on my system??

Nope. Lots of virus just replace certain DLL's so they can access certain things.
Quote:
Quote:Windows itself just starts to die.
Nope, Windows was working perfectly fine.

Windows has a lifespan, just like humans, it does die out of the blue.

Quote:
Quote:Harddrive is dying.
Nope, HDD is fine.

Did you run the diagnostics tests? You can't tell without that.

Quote:
Quote:You did something.
Already said that I didn't do anything to cause the error.

Then i suggest calling Ripleys, because if none of this happened, it is truly an act of god.

Quote:I'm probably going to move all the important files on my computer to an External HDD, then format Windows.

Best idea.
(2010-07-01, 01:34 PM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]

Lolz. Seriously, just lol. Apple's monopolistic techniques rival Microsofts, especially in the last year or so with the domination of the iPhone. Microsoft on the other hand has started loosening up a bit.

That never happened.

And if you want to get technical it was Firefox that drove Netscape out of business, while giving MS a good run for their money.

Screwing over the consumer? How? I can, for a reasonable price buy a piece of software that will let me do pretty much anything I want to.

And where is it that Gates became evil and Jobs became a hero? Both are great men and between them they really built the home computer industry. Early Apple's used Microsoft's code, and a lot of Apple's ideas are in Microsoft's products. The two aren't even true rivals at the moment - Microsoft is the largest third-party software provider for Apple computers and likewise Microsoft are heavily invested within Apple. Neither company could survive without each other, and they have an extremely long history of working together. MS even contributed code for the Linux kernel at one point.

Torvalds on the other hand? Pfft, everything in Linux had been done by Apple, Xerox or Microsoft before he came along, and everything that's in Ubuntu now (in regard to the home computer) is accomplished much better in Windows and OS/X. Apple and Microsoft both pioneered their products and created new industries, Desktop Linux was really the one that nicked the ideas and has done nothing revolutionary.

And the comparison to Hitler? When did Hitler donate billions of dollars to...well anyone?

I agree to most of this, but there is a lot in linux that mac and windows have yet to have. For example, Compiz.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5