MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-09-07, 04:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]As I mentioned above, there's already tables in that database, you'll need to drop them. Did you just run the installer again, meaning these are all the empty tables made by the installer??
Managed to do it now. What next, should I create the config.php file?
Yeah, then everything should work.
(2010-09-07, 04:52 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, then everything should work.

Where should I create the file?
In the ./inc/ folder.
(2010-09-07, 04:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]In the ./inc/ folder.

In cPanel?
If that's what you're using to access your files then yes. Use whatever you used to upload your files.
(2010-09-07, 05:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If that's what you're using to access your files then yes. Use whatever you used to upload your files.
I used phpMyAdmin but prefer to create using cPanel? That would work?
You didn't use phpMyAdmin to upload the forum files, phpMyAdmin is a database manager. You just need to create a file in the inc folder called config.php and fill it with the code from that Wiki page; if you want to use cPanel then use that.
(2010-09-07, 05:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't use phpMyAdmin to upload the forum files, phpMyAdmin is a database manager. You just need to create a file in the inc folder called config.php and fill it with the code from that Wiki page; if you want to use cPanel then use that.
OK.

There's a already a config.php file.
Your forum should already be working then if the database name/username/password hasn't changed; if any of that has changed, edit the new values into the file.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8