MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-09-07, 05:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum should already be working then if the database name/username/password hasn't changed; if any of that has changed, edit the new values into the file.

Is the username and password my username and password or the name of the database? Sad
Hello?
?????
Stop trying to bump your thread. Smile

The username and password it wants is the database username and password (if you're using a shared hosting account, it'll be prefixed with your account name eg exampleacct_exampleuser)
(2010-09-07, 05:53 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Stop trying to bump your thread. Smile

The username and password it wants is the database username and password (if you're using a shared hosting account, it'll be prefixed with your account name eg exampleacct_exampleuser)
Yes but does it mean the database user username and password?
Quote:The username and password it wants is the database username and password (if you're using a shared hosting account, it'll be prefixed with your account name eg exampleacct_exampleuser)
If you had even read my quote, you wouldn't have needed to reply with that question. Smile
(2010-09-07, 06:01 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The username and password it wants is the database username and password (if you're using a shared hosting account, it'll be prefixed with your account name eg exampleacct_exampleuser)
If you had even read my quote, you wouldn't have needed to reply with that question. Smile

I did read it but am confused.

Please can you tell me what to put for each item?
I can't tell you that, you need to know that yourself. Smile
No but I mean can you tell me what should be there for database type, hostname etc.? Not the exact details but I'm unsure what to put.
It should be something like:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'dbname_mybb';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'dbname_admin';
$config['database']['password'] = 'password';
(2010-09-07, 07:09 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]It should be something like:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'dbname_mybb';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'dbname_admin';
$config['database']['password'] = 'password';
Done that, but the site's still not showing,
You've got a 500 error... have you got a .htaccess file?? Try renaming it to htaccess.txt
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8