MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Forum, Anon Posting, No Registration required : lunaticoutpost.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The showcase forum wouldn't be complete without one of the fastest growing mybb forums..

http://lunaticoutpost.com

End of bragging lol..

The forum is around a year old now, around 120 active members out of 550+ daily, lots of guest posts. This week we'll be passing the 350.000 posts..

It's only 1 forum as you can see, i think this is more inviting than the traditional setups where you first have to choose which category/forum you gonna make a post in..

Let me know what you think..

All I see is just a list of topics, not really a forum as such, more just a list of discussions. Good luck with it though.
I don't think he needs luck judging from the stats of his forum. Awesome job!

Reminds me a bit of Anontalk, but with registrations and without pedophiles...
(2010-09-08, 08:25 PM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]It's only 1 forum as you can see, i think this is more inviting than the traditional setups where you first have to choose which category/forum you gonna make a post in..

Let me know what you think..

SO having 350,000 posts in 1 forum is inviting? a 1 forum forum is like having a room full of paper. Instead, put it in filing cabinets to separate them into different categories. Then it is easier to see if you have already printed the document (posted the thread in your case) or find the document if you need to, without trawling through tens of thousands of pages.

I forgot to add that I don't like to open up a forum and just be blasted with a list of discussions. I agree with Tommyk, if everything is split up like a filing cabinet, then it is much easier to see everything Smile

Your stats aren't that great:
Quote:Our members have made a total of 342,134 posts in 22,111 threads.
We currently have 589 members registered.
A forum with nearly 350,000 threads should have at least 10,000 members, not under 600.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imageboard
This software is more suitable for such purpose:

There are currently three Futaba-based imageboard software packages in widespread use: Futallaby,[3] Wakaba,[4] and Kusaba.[5]

Futallaby is a PHP script based on the Futaba script from Futaba Channel. Although Futallaby is still in use at 1chan,[6] and the Futallaby source is still freely available, it is no longer in development, and the download page recommends using Wakaba instead, stating that "Wakaba can do everything Futallaby does and so much more." Futallaby started as a translation of Futaba, later retooled to support XHTML and customizable CSS styles. It is mostly notable for being the first English imageboard script.

Wakaba is written from the ground up in Perl, and a SQL backend to store thread information. Wakaba is very strictly modelled after the Futaba and Futallaby scripts. Wakaba borrows some HTML codes and translated text from Futallaby. It is designed to be more efficient and cleanly written than other scripts that are available, while preserving the same kind of functionality. Wakaba scripts are in use at iichan. Wakaba is one of most popular western imageboard software scripts[citation needed], used most notably by fchan[7], and iichan (Wakachan).[8]

Kusaba is modular, written from scratch with PHP for server side scripting, JavaScript for some client side scripting, and with ADOdb Lite for database abstraction to a database, MySQL. The main focus of the development of Kusaba was to code faster and more efficient software for multi-imageboard sites. The center feature of the software is the centralization of the backend for all boards by having a single installation controlling all boards. The creator has discontinued the project in favor of separate imageboard projects, PyIB[9] and TinyIB[10]. In August 2008, the domain hosting kusaba expired. The last version of the software (1.0.4) was hosted on another imageboard site, Megachan, and development has been picked up by Kusaba X[11] and OperatorChan.
(2010-09-08, 08:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to add that I don't like to open up a forum and just be blasted with a list of discussions. I agree with Tommyk, if everything is split up like a filing cabinet, then it is much easier to see everything Smile

Your stats aren't that great:
Quote:Our members have made a total of 342,134 posts in 22,111 threads.
We currently have 589 members registered.
A forum with nearly 350,000 threads should have at least 10,000 members, not under 600.

Did you miss the part where guest posting is encouraged?
Pretty interesting niche.
(2010-09-08, 08:49 PM)mc2w Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he needs luck judging from the stats of his forum. Awesome job!

Reminds me a bit of Anontalk, but with registrations and without pedophiles...

I am kinda used to boards like that, hence the one forum thing..

I can understand people that want it all categorized and spelled out where to post, but i really think this is more inviting to jump in on a discussion...

Guest posting really is a winner.. So many people that don't want to sign up for one reason or another..

(2010-09-08, 08:43 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]All I see is just a list of topics, not really a forum as such, more just a list of discussions. Good luck with it though.

I could be wrong, but most forums seem to want people having discussions..
(2010-09-09, 07:22 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-08, 08:43 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]All I see is just a list of topics, not really a forum as such, more just a list of discussions. Good luck with it though.

I could be wrong, but most forums seem to want people having discussions..

What I meant is that people like to be presented with a list of forums that they can post in, not just be bombarded with an entire list of discussions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7