MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whats wrong with MyBB. In your opinion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do you think MyBB could improve on?

Before you comment remember, post something that helps, don't just rant. Post the issue, and your solution that could happen in a reasonable world.

Imho their are very few programming issues that are a problem. I think the biggest problem with MyBB now is the community. Maybe its because the staff is understaffed, can't moderate fast enough, or just don't all have the same point of view, but arguments break out long enough for people to see, and pre mature opinions to be made.

My suggestion: Get a "Community Manager" I'm not sure if thats what Imad and Ryan are supposed to do, but i think someone whose job is just to get on this forum and made sure that everyone is on the same book, users and mods.

Now an ideal candidate would be someone like Alex Smith. I personally think this would benefit MyBB greatly, because we are just elitist, and we breed more elitists.

@ MyBB team, please don't close this, it really could provide some valuable suggestions to the Community or Script.
Umm, I don't know. Yes, it's probably somewhere in the community that we have an issue but I'm not sure if it's an elitist thing. I'm not sure how to explain without it turning into war though so I'll stop there.
Moderation sometimes, threads are often closed when it's not necessary.
Its default theme needs attention, possibly a whole new layout imo.

(2010-09-25, 12:35 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion: Get a "Community Manager" I'm not sure if thats what Imad and Ryan are supposed to do, but i think someone whose job is just to get on this forum and made sure that everyone is on the same book, users and mods.

1+

In the editor, I hate that you have to manually close the tags. Pretty much every other forum software I've used automatically inserts the closing tag after the cursor.

Beyond that, just a few backend things that would make creating plugins a bit easier, like a hook for after the theme is loaded but before {header} and the like are "rendered."
Do you really need a thread for this when there's a whole forum for suggestions? I imagine that anything that's an actual software problem would be addressed there.

I really hate all the dumb threads clogging general and the lack of maturity in the Showcase forum, pretty much.
(2010-09-25, 03:25 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Do you really need a thread for this when there's a whole forum for suggestions? I imagine that anything that's an actual software problem would be addressed there.

I really hate all the dumb threads clogging general and the lack of maturity in the Showcase forum, pretty much.

Because this is to both address the system and community. Instead of two seperate threads i thought one would be better.
Ryan Loos is the main PR guy who deals with major issues however he is unavailable due to time issues currently. The Support team's primary job is to give support and to moderate as they are most active on the forums.

Obviously our moderation is greatly helped when people report a problem and depending on the situation don't get involved. If there is going to be a troll/flame war; report it and leave it be. We will deal with it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

If you have any issues with what we do in terms of moderation then please post a thread in Private Inquiries and we will explain why we have done that particular action.

I'm going to move this thread to the MyBB.com as I feel it's a better place for it in terms of suggestions for the community.
The only thing I find wrong with MyBB is that you can rate your own threads.
They don't sell cool t-shirts Sad !!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4