MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PokeScorch Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-11-12, 12:48 AM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Bold 2: Whats wrong with Pokemon??? Seriously.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just this isn't the typical place where you would recruit Pokemon Forum Members.

Really, this is where all MyBB Administrators exist.

They're unlikely to join your forum because:
- Not a Pokemon fan.
- Operated by a 13/14 year old.
- Administrator is newb to being a Web Administrator

That's all on top of you & your friend constantly posting requests and having spats & conversations about helping each other.

Really, most of us are annoyed by all that.
Then where would we advertise it then weBex?
i never said i have a problem with pokemon, only how annoying you're being about it

(2010-11-12, 01:03 AM)Electric Pokémon Master Wrote: [ -> ]Then where would we advertise it then weBex?

other pokemon sites and gaming sites...duh...
(2010-11-12, 01:03 AM)Electric Pokémon Master Wrote: [ -> ]Then where would we advertise it then weBex?

You surely can't just believe MyBB is the only place where you can advertise.

There's several Forum Promotion type sites/forums where you can do it, in signatures on other forums or post a thread (assuming either one is allowed).

Affiliating with other game sites/forums would be helpful as well. Join any topsites.

You just have to find these places.

If you're expecting to build a successful board comparable to PokeBeach, Serebii, or any of the other ones out there advertising here on MyBB alone - it's going to be a guaranteed failure.
Most pokemon website have rules that says not to advertise other pokemon forums or websites.
(2010-11-12, 01:25 AM)Electric Pokémon Master Wrote: [ -> ]Most pokemon website have rules that says not to advertise other pokemon forums or websites.

Then find non-pokemon ones then.

Read my post.
Isn't 5 pages of posts for an inactive Pokemon forum using a free sub-domain enough? Close it already, there's nothing useful in this thread.
I actually like Pokémon, I don't think anyone's displeasure with this guy has anything to do with Pokémon lol
Me too, *points to avatar.
I know what you mean.
You know, I've been a forum reviewer on TAZ for almost a year now. I've never actually had to tell someone this, but all of these sites are DOA, dead on arrival.

1. Usernames
Waaayyyyy too similar Water Pokemon Master of Pokebeach. Two things pop into my mind whenever I read your names. A. You're trying to ride off his name's popularity somehow by making it seem like your site is affiliated with his or part of some sort of network. Or B. You guys are all way to lazy to come up with an original username.

2. Domains and Site Titles
EPM learned the hard way. He decided he'd go on about how he was the owner of pokesunrise.com when he didn't. Guess what? Someone else ^ bought the domain name. Now he gets some free publicity and some extra money from ads. The same thing will happen to you. Go get one of the PayPal student accounts or something. It's not that hard. Also, if you get a domain, go with PokeScorch.com. Why on earth do you have pokestorm.createmybb3.com when you could have done pokescorch.createmybb3.com? What sense does that make?

3. Hosting
Get some actual hosting. Seriously. If you're not going to do that, at least buy a domain name. Not many people take a forum on free hosting very seriously. I've been there, done that. Then one day a miraculous thing happened, I went to paid hosting and my site took off. You can find hosting pretty cheap, I got my first two years of hosting for under eighty bucks.

4. Design
Please get a new one. I feel like my eyes are about to start bleeding now... I'm sorry, but to put it bluntly, you might as well change the URL to pokescorchmyeyesoutofmyhead.createmybb3.com That's how bad it is. Making a theme isn't hard really. Look up HTML and CSS, they are terribly easy to learn.

5. Accept Criticism
Reading these threads almost makes me sick. You want to have great forums right? That's why you came here for feedback. If you aren't accepting feedback from experienced web designers, forum owners, and users, but rather from toadies on your forum just wanting to be a moderator for agreeing with you then you've got problems coming. And please don't say I don't know what I'm talking about, I've been mod/admin of several forums, including a few Pokemon ones (they have the most of them all in my experience) and this is all what it boils down to. You'll get members who'll just kiss-up to you and never criticize a thing you do just to get a spot on the team. To sum it up, just accept our criticism.

Hopefully that helps you out. Now sorry if any part of it sounds rude, but you know, in the words of Philmont you just "pray the numbers lied." You aren't accepting the facts. We're trying to help you, and you guys just "fire back."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5