MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The New PokéSunrise Forums. Please view and rate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2010-10-26, 11:59 AM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-25, 02:55 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks just like PokeBoard:
http://www.pokeboard.com/

Except they actually have a proper domain.

Does this look like Pokeboard to you?

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394.../htrdh.png

We have plenty of themes, sign up and see for yourself.

And also, sometimes we get news even before PokeBeach.

First impressions are everything. It doesn't matter that you have other themes. I already got my first impression, that the default theme, which isn't the one you posted by screenshot, looks like another Pokemon site (makes you guys look like a ripoff) and a few others.

That's a common used theme.

And I already went through the other themes.
They're terrible compared to the PokeBoard copy-cat theme, at least that one's decent.

Most of your other themes doesn't line up properly, especially to widescreen monitor users. And the banners are quite burry, making it appear like it was made from low quality images.

On top of that, the default forum icons weren't replaced, so it doesn't match up with the overall forum look.
(2010-10-26, 12:07 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-26, 11:59 AM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-25, 02:55 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks just like PokeBoard:
http://www.pokeboard.com/

Except they actually have a proper domain.

Does this look like Pokeboard to you?

We have plenty of themes, sign up and see for yourself.

And also, sometimes we get news even before PokeBeach.

First impressions are everything. It doesn't matter that you have other themes. I already got my first impression, that the default theme, which isn't the one you posted by screenshot, looks like another Pokemon site (makes you guys look like a ripoff) and a few others.

That's a common used theme.

And I already went through the other themes.
They're terrible compared to the PokeBoard copy-cat theme, at least that one's decent.

Most of your other themes doesn't line up properly, especially to widescreen monitor users. And the banners are quite burry, making it appear like it was made from low quality images.

On top of that, the default forum icons weren't replaced, so it doesn't match up with the overall forum look.

Not lined up properly? Blurry? Ha. Thats a joke. I have a widescreen monitor and it looks perfect.

(2010-10-26, 12:26 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Not lined up properly? Blurry? Ha. Thats a joke. I have a widescreen monitor and it looks perfect.

Well, I was going to take a screenshot to prove my point, but I don't need to.
Looking at your screenshot, it'll do just fine:

To start off, your Banner starts from the left, and all the bottoms start below it on the right side.

I have a wider monitor than you, so from my view, the banner cuts off after 70% of the screen from left to right.

Then all the buttons, "PokeSunrise", "Chatroom", "Search", "Members", are all on the edge from the right side.

Now you can think it looks good like this, but it looks like a huge mess.

If it was all centered, where the buttons all appear below the banner evenly - that's way nicer.

[Image: t89106.png]

And what resolution are you on that this doesn't look blurry to you?

1,000px × 352px ?
That's too much.

It's alright to make a banner long, but why is it 352px in height? It's overkill, makes users burn more traffic which makes your site feels slower too, and takes up this huge amount of space on the screen.

Let's be honest too, the image, isn't even that appealing. When it's blown up on screen like that where you can see the pixelation as well, it just makes it a whole lot worse.

(2010-10-26, 12:33 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-26, 12:26 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Not lined up properly? Blurry? Ha. Thats a joke. I have a widescreen monitor and it looks perfect.

Well, I was going to take a screenshot to prove my point, but I don't need to.
Looking at your screenshot, it'll do just fine:

To start off, your Banner starts from the left, and all the bottoms start below it on the right side.

I have a wider monitor than you, so from my view, the banner cuts off after 70% of the screen from left to right.

Then all the buttons, "PokeSunrise", "Chatroom", "Search", "Members", are all on the edge from the right side.

Now you can think it looks good like this, but it looks like a huge mess.

If it was all centered, where the buttons all appear below the banner evenly - that's way nicer.

[Image: t89106.png]

And what resolution are you on that this doesn't look blurry to you?

1,000px × 352px ?
That's too much.

It's alright to make a banner long, but why is it 352px in height? It's overkill, makes users burn more traffic which makes your site feels slower too, and takes up this huge amount of space on the screen.

Let's be honest too, the image, isn't even that appealing. When it's blown up on screen like that where you can see the pixelation as well, it just makes it a whole lot worse.

First Bolded spot: And how are you so sure you have a wider monitor than me?

Second Bolded spot: None of it looks blurry, none of it is.

Third Bolded spot: Actually, that is one of the best Pokemon banners that I have seen.
I can attest to all of the things he said, on my 19 in widescreen, and my 41in widescreen.
lol, what is going on here?
(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]First Bolded spot: And how are you so sure you have a wider monitor than me?

I'm just basing it on the screenshot, but it's of course possible you scaled down the the browser.
The Banner & the navigation both stretch much further for me.

I'm on a 24", 1920x1080 Monitor.

(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Second Bolded spot: None of it looks blurry, none of it is.

It really is, now someone else just agreed with me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the owner "Electric Pokemon Master", posted the site here for "View & Rate" like the title says.

All sites posted are given constructive criticism. I understand your need to defend the site you mod, but you do need to take into these negative turnoffs that other users see.

It might explain the slow user growth rate or non-grow rate at all.

You guys do want the Board to grow & compete on the same level as Serebii, PokeBeach, & every other big Pokemon Site/Forum, correct?

(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Third Bolded spot: Actually, that is one of the best Pokemon banners that I have seen.

Maybe you haven't seen very many then.
That's one of the worse I've seen. Not "the" worse, but fairly close to it.
(2010-10-26, 10:18 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]First Bolded spot: And how are you so sure you have a wider monitor than me?

I'm just basing it on the screenshot, but it's of course possible you scaled down the the browser.
The Banner & the navigation both stretch much further for me.

I'm on a 24", 1920x1080 Monitor.

(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Second Bolded spot: None of it looks blurry, none of it is.

It really is, now someone else just agreed with me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the owner "Electric Pokemon Master", posted the site here for "View & Rate" like the title says.

All sites posted are given constructive criticism. I understand your need to defend the site you mod, but you do need to take into these negative turnoffs that other users see.

It might explain the slow user growth rate or non-grow rate at all.

You guys do want the Board to grow & compete on the same level as Serebii, PokeBeach, & every other big Pokemon Site/Forum, correct?

(2010-10-26, 09:59 PM)FirePokemonMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Third Bolded spot: Actually, that is one of the best Pokemon banners that I have seen.

Maybe you have seen very many then.
That's one of the worse I've seen. Not "the" worse, but fairly close to it.

Corrected a fact there.

Oh, and EPM, all I'm doing is showing this guy our forums aren't all that bad. May not be the best, but its not the worst either.
Banner is blurry and ugly and you need to talk less and listen more.
He's right, you know. That banner is ugly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6