MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB vs. vBulletin - On Digital Point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Oh, makes sense really. I thought there might be other factors involved, but if that's the only case... hmm.
(2010-12-02, 04:06 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, makes sense really. I thought there might be other factors involved, but if that's the only case... hmm.

Previously that was true during earlier versions of the MyBB Merge System, but it's gone through enough testing and optimization that this really isn't the case anymore.
(2010-12-02, 12:27 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-01, 05:56 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-01, 02:45 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Because each has what they are made for. MyBB is not made for a giant forum. MyBB is made to be used from a small forum, to a large one. Vbull is made to suit medium to very large.

I think you have to re-think on that comment Mark. There are several Huge MyBB forums which are running without any issue. HF is a best example among all.

Name me 300 more. I bet if you browsed topsites you could easily find 300 sites running Vbull that are that size. I don't think you could find even half MyBB wise.

More vB forums != vB is best
(2010-12-05, 11:34 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-01, 02:45 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Because each has what they are made for. MyBB is not made for a giant forum. MyBB is made to be used from a small forum, to a large one. Vbull is made to suit medium to very large.

I think you have to re-think on that comment Mark. There are several Huge MyBB forums which are running without any issue. HF is a best example among all.

Name me 300 more. I bet if you browsed topsites you could easily find 300 sites running Vbull that are that size. I don't think you could find even half MyBB wise.

Yea because people just love throwing away cash, when there is something better for free. There obviously is a reason, maybe its the lack of unique themes, maybe its the free plugin lack. I don't know.
Do you really know what this statement means ?
(2010-12-05, 10:47 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-05, 11:34 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]

Yea because people just love throwing away cash, when there is something better for free. There obviously is a reason, maybe its the lack of unique themes, maybe its the free plugin lack. I don't know.

To be honest, I think many older generation webmasters and companies just look at software and think, you pay for it, so it must be good.

Many companies are scared of open source because of support issues.

(2010-12-05, 10:57 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Do you really know what this statement means ?
Do you? That is a perfectly valid statement. More does not equal better, simply a larger number of people could be misguided.
How many people need to tell Mark M he doesn't know what he's talking about before he realizes that he doesn't know what he's talking about?
(2010-11-30, 09:24 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]...For a lot of people, "free" isn't the primary reason they chose MyBB, myself included. I could have bought ipb or whatever but I chose MyBB.

Agreed, I would choose MyBB even if VBull went Open-source, and would buy something if I actually liked it better.
  • MyBB is the Best forum software.

(2010-12-06, 04:10 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I lol'd.

http://www.forum-software.org/vbulletin4/review
http://www.forum-software.org/mybb/review

I'll just leave this here.

I find it odd the official review for vB 4 is a perfect 10 yet users seem to hate it Confused.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7