MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thumbs Post Rating 1.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2011-01-30, 10:30 PM)lolfang Wrote: [ -> ]Does this plugin work on Opera? It will be a shame if it doesn't...

I tested on the newer version (10+), yes it worked.
did not tested on older browser. would appreciate anyone to provide feedback.
Great Idea, Great Plugin! Great Job!
Everyone should upgrade to Opera 11 anyways. I'll set up this one in one of my forums on the weekend.
(2011-01-31, 05:54 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]Great Idea, Great Plugin! Great Job!
(2011-02-01, 06:41 AM)lolfang Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone should upgrade to Opera 11 anyways. I'll set up this one in one of my forums on the weekend.

Thanks for the support =)

Great plugin, I was gonna use it! Too bad I experience the same issue as some other people. I'm unable to rate up or down anyone, I added all of my forum groups to it but noone could rate.

Firefox 3.6, MyBB 1.6.1, ..
I can PM you the forum link if that can help you.

I would incredibly love to use this plugin.

EDIT: I edited minor stuff in the php plugin file and finally got the thumbs clickable, but the ratings didn't save.
in a future version could use those points to the reputation of the user?
(2011-02-01, 02:55 PM)woot Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin, I was gonna use it! Too bad I experience the same issue as some other people. I'm unable to rate up or down anyone, I added all of my forum groups to it but noone could rate.

Firefox 3.6, MyBB 1.6.1, ..
I can PM you the forum link if that can help you.

I would incredibly love to use this plugin.

EDIT: I edited minor stuff in the php plugin file and finally got the thumbs clickable, but the ratings didn't save.
Sure. Pls PM me. I will look into the problem ASAP =)

(2011-02-01, 07:12 PM)Nomak Wrote: [ -> ]in a future version could use those points to the reputation of the user?
Probably. Do u think that will be a good addition?
It looks cool and all that, but the ratings aren't being saved. When I return to a thread posting that had a thumbs up or down added previously, they are back at 0 - 0 again.

I took a look at the code, but didn't notice anything obvious.
Huh
(2011-02-17, 10:53 AM)dawkcodave Wrote: [ -> ]It looks cool and all that, but the ratings aren't being saved. When I return to a thread posting that had a thumbs up or down added previously, they are back at 0 - 0 again.

I took a look at the code, but didn't notice anything obvious.
Huh

One reason that this might happened is probably your internet connection was not active the time when u rate. This is because it doesn't have a feedback. It does not feedback telling u if u had rated unsuccessfully.

I will fix this problem in the coming version.

From what I coded, the reasons that it display a non rate-able thumbs/ rate not being saved are follows:
- Your usergroups are not in the permission to rate.
- You cannot rate your own post (you may disable this in the settings)
- You have already rated the post.

For the third reason, you may check if this might be your database causing the problem. Make sure your database have the thumbspostrating table. The table is a log of who rated what in what post. So, if u find that ur userid have a match of posts pid in an entry, it means that you have rated.

Hope it helps.
(2011-02-17, 11:33 AM)tyyew Wrote: [ -> ]One reason that this might happened is probably your internet connection was not active the time when u rate. This is because it doesn't have a feedback. It does not feedback telling u if u had rated unsuccessfully.

I will fix this problem in the coming version.

From what I coded, the reasons that it display a non rate-able thumbs/ rate not being saved are follows:
- Your usergroups are not in the permission to rate.
- You cannot rate your own post (you may disable this in the settings)
- You have already rated the post.
Hope it helps.

Thanks, but none of the above seem to apply. My Internet connection is fine, and besides I'm connecting via LAN and there's no problem there. I'm in the Administrators group and have permission. I was not rating my own post. If I had already rated the post, it should show 1, not 0.

Sorry, I gave up on this and switched to the Thank You/Like System plugin which is working fine.

You have done some fine work here, but there's just a bug in there somewhere...
_____
EDIT: BTW, I'm running the forum under https: (SSL/TLS) protocol; is it possible this has anything to do with it? (As mentioned, everything else works.)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15