MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Proxy Please v0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thanks Yaldaram Smile
Thanks.
thanks a lot
No problem, Thanks Smile
I meant what method does it use to block proxies.
You can see in the screenshot; You can block Proxies either from registration or from globally. I don't know how to explain what you meant by "methods" Mark.
Nice plugin, however, I'm curious whats the purpose of using these lines to check for proxy?

@fsockopen( $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], 80, $errstr, $errno, 1 )
@fsockopen( $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], 443, $errstr, $errno, 1 )

My understanding is this will ping back the remote ip to see if ports 80 or 443 is open, so if I'm running a service on my ip on port 80 or 443 I could be identified as a proxy.

Is this intended or am I missing something?
(2010-12-20, 06:45 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Nice plugin, however, I'm curious whats the purpose of using these lines to check for proxy?

My understanding is this will ping back the remote ip to see if ports 80 or 443 is open, so if I'm running a service on my ip on port 80 or 443 I could be identified as a proxy.

Yes that definitely identified as a proxy, G33K , but the main purpose behind this script is that many ISPs used 8080 as there port now. Therefore, when non-administrators wished to run their own web servers on machines which might already have a server running on port 80, or when they were not authorized to run services below port 1024, port 8080 was often chosen as a convenient place to host a secondary or alternate web server.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_uses_port...z18XQeeQjC
(2010-12-20, 06:54 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-20, 06:45 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Nice plugin, however, I'm curious whats the purpose of using these lines to check for proxy?

Yes that definitely identified as a proxy, G33K , but the main purpose behind this script is that many ISPs used 8080 as there port now. Therefore, when non-administrators wished to run their own web servers on machines which might already have a server running on port 80, or when they were not authorized to run services below port 1024, port 8080 was often chosen as a convenient place to host a secondary or alternate web server.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_uses_port...z18XQeeQjC

I'm not sure you understood me. I'm not talking about port 8080, I'm talking about port 80 and port 443 as those are the ports your script pings to check (one of the checks) if its a proxy or not. So assuming I'm running a service on my network either port 80 or 443 it could be a webserver or something else it will respond to your ping and falsely get identified as a proxy when its not. I'm just wondering if theres any benefit of having those pings to port 80 and 443
Yes you are right here. To be honest, I was also hesitating to use the fsockopen when I was coding this plugin. Because many different proxies are now using 8080 too: http://aliveproxy.com/proxy-list-port-8080/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5