MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Proxy Please v0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Regardless, even if you check port 8080 I'm just wondering if its correct to assume that anything running on port 8080 is a proxy, same argument as port 80 and 443. I think you'll just get alot more false hits with the fsockopen option as it is. Add to it the fact that theres no option for the user to override a falsely identified IP.
Thankx... Useful Big Grin
lol. i tried registering a test account from my computer and it said, proxy detected even though i didnt accessed through proxy site or didnt have any proxy installed.
(2010-12-20, 09:37 AM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ]lol. i tried registering a test account from my computer and it said, proxy detected even though i didnt accessed through proxy site or didnt have any proxy installed.

Don't use it on "localhost", try to test on "live" Wink
Thanks works good
Thanks.
yes, i tried it on my live site and it gave me that error.
Search your IP here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

If it returns "Confirmed Proxy" then it should be a Proxy.
Here are the details:
Hostname: XX.XX.XXX.XXX
ISP: NIB (National Internet Backbone)
Organization: NIB (National Internet Backbone)
Proxy: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Dynamic IP

but still the registrations are blocked. so i deactivated plugin for the update from you. Smile
Does this block on registrations or globally ?

You can change the code inside the plugin so that it would minimize the chance of blockage of "any un-detectable" IP.
Open plugin file and find the following and remove;
$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] || $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED'] || $_SERVER['HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR'] || $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'] || $_SERVER['HTTP_VIA'] ||
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5