MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cry for help :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We have just moved hosts, changed the config file to point to the new database and get

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'dragraci_drag'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

is it because they copied the data across instead of 'installing it'??

or are we missing something

thanks
you have not properly configured your database....

Go to "/inc/config.php" and put the same database name, database username and pass in file as it is in your MYSQL database.

than it will be okay
that is what I've done - well I've done the info I have got - the only thing is I can guess is I've been given the wrong password... I thought it would be this, but wanted to check as like I said I've tried a few times
Post here report when you are done.

or if you can't handle it than pm me..
(2011-01-20, 08:14 PM)ukanimal Wrote: [ -> ]that is what I've done - well I've done the info I have got - the only thing is I can guess is I've been given the wrong password... I thought it would be this, but wanted to check as like I said I've tried a few times

There is nothing to worry change your MYSQL database password now if you dont remember old one and put the same password in
"/inc/config.php"

Your forum will be on after this Smile
yeah I would if I could - but I have no idea how on this new webhost - lol
What control panel does your webhost use?
which control panel has been given to you....

1). Cpanel
2). Direct Admin.
3).Webmin
4). Kloxo
etc. etc,
are few variety of control panel, which one is yours...
oh for goodness sake

now getting

Language english (/home/dragraci/public_html/inc/languages/english) is not installed
any ideas on that? I thought it would be easy
Make sure ./inc/languages/english.php exists.
Cpanel X (cpanel accelerate 2) I've worked the adding of the user, but now have the above problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4