MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi
I just downloaded the MyShowcase System http://mods.mybb.com/view/myshowcase-system and I already have a problem...

I have put all the folders in the right place (I think), but I am NOT seeing the sample data (its in inc/plugins/myshowcase). There was a file called showcase (up one level).php - I have even installed that.

When I try to add a field in field settings I get this error:

The language folder, /home/mysite/public_html/forumpath/inc/languages/english/admin/, is not writable. Please corect and try again.
I set the folder and the files inside to chmod 777 - still getting the error.
For a brief second BEFORE the error I get this php error message see screen shot

http://i54.tinypic.com/2v3k85i.jpg

When I try to call the sample data I get this error:

No Action specified. Please select Edit from the Summary page options. Direct call of this page not allowed.

I have activated YES on all the options in admin permissions.

Any advice?
What is the URL to the "mainfile" you are trying to use? PM it to me if you prefer

The file "(one level up)" is an example of installing the "mainfile" outside the forum root. In my case, the forum in in "\board", but my garage.php is in "\". Basically it shows the edit to the $forumdir variable.

Did you alter the path of the $forumdir variable in that file to reflect the location of the forum compared to the "mainfile" location?

The system is not supposed to be looking in \english\admin as it does not try to write that folder, only to \english\. I will need more information about your setup

The language files do not have to be written by the system, you can create them yourself and upload them. However, it should be able to write if the regular language editing functionality of MyBB can work. Please check that the built-in MyBB language editing works.

Can you check the various myshowcase_xxxx caches and let me know which ones are empty and if those that are populated what is in them.

Can you check the database to be sure that there are myshowcase tables for attachments, comments, config, fields, fieldsets, field_data, moderators, and permissions? Is there data in any of them?

I have been using the public version on both a primary domain and a subdommain with the admin folder renamed and its working fine for me. Sorry for any problems. I hope I uploaded all the correct/latest files.

I assume that you copied everything in the packages's \upload\mybb_root_folder\ to your mybb folder. Also, if your ACP in not in \admin, then you should rename the admin folder of the package prior to uploading.

Would you be willing to give me access to your ACP and FTP to debug? This is not a simple plugin, so initial debugging may be difficult.

I will be out until this evening and wont be able to work on it, but I should have access to these forums to answer posts
Also, you were able to add a field set okay but when trying to add a field to that set you got the error in the image?
(2011-01-30, 06:32 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]What is the URL to the "mainfile" you are trying to use? PM it to me if you prefer

The file "(one level up)" is an example of installing the "mainfile" outside the forum root. In my case, the forum in in "\board", but my garage.php is in "\". Basically it shows the edit to the $forumdir variable.

Ok, I thought was what it was, so I did not add that to the board root when I installed. However, I got these issues as in my first post so I UNINSTALLED and deactivated (I set the settings to drop the tables) and then put that main file in the board root (public_html) - reinstalled, reactivated.

I don't really want it outside the forum at the moment - I have this on my testboard (different MYSQL DB on same server/FTP )at the moment, so I can see how to use it before going to production forum with it.
So I have repeated uninstall/install as above - mainfile is no longer in the public_html.

Quote:Did you alter the path of the $forumdir variable in that file to reflect the location of the forum compared to the "mainfile" location?

No.

Quote:The system is not supposed to be looking in \english\admin as it does not try to write that folder, only to \english\. I will need more information about your setup

In the rar File I downloaded from the mods site when I opened up the rar the folder structure was as in the pic. I changed nothing.

[Image: 2ewywbn.jpg]

Quote:The language files do not have to be written by the system, you can create them yourself and upload them. However, it should be able to write if the regular language editing functionality of MyBB can work. Please check that the built-in MyBB language editing works.

These were incorrectly CHModded and so I have set them to 777 - they WERE at 755.....my bad.
The effect of this change is that I am able to add a field, though I do see the php error message flash briefly first.

[Image: 2v3k85i.jpg]

Quote:Can you check the various myshowcase_xxxx caches and let me know which ones are empty and if those that are populated what is in them.

I am not sure how to do that, I am sorry. Here is the data for the caches AFTER I added the fieldsets and fields I mentioned earlier in this post

pscom_plugins 57 bytes
myshowcase_config 6 bytes
myshowcase_field_data 6 bytes
myshowcase_fieldsets 119 bytes
myshowcase_fields 1.26 KB
myshowcase_permissions 6 bytes
myshowcase_moderators 6 byte

Quote:Can you check the database to be sure that there are myshowcase tables for attachments, comments, config, fields, fieldsets, field_data, moderators, and permissions? Is there data in any of them?

This is the database contents:

[Image: 2hgzsys.jpg]

They were empty BEFORE I added the new testing fields after CHModding the language files. I have the sampledata plugin in my inc/plugins/showcase folder.

Quote:I assume that you copied everything in the packages's \upload\mybb_root_folder\ to your mybb folder. Also, if your ACP in not in \admin, then you should rename the admin folder of the package prior to uploading.

Admin folder names are correct as this is a test board I did not change the .dir name.

Quote:Would you be willing to give me access to your ACP and FTP to debug? This is not a simple plugin, so initial debugging may be difficult.

Yes, I will PM you details if we cannot fix it via the thread. It is my friends server and FTP and he is in bed right now so I cannot ask him for permission for me to let you on the FTP.

Quote:Also, you were able to add a field set okay but when trying to add a field to that set you got the error in the image?
After CHModding the language folder I was able to add a field.
On the first field set I got the brief error as above - it then saved ok, I was able to add fields to the set. I then saw a new brief error - the error SEEMS to appear when setting textarea as a field value within a set. I have not tested that extensively.

[Image: 2553qsh.jpg]

I'm also getting the foreach() error. However, everything else seems to work fine except I can't add stuff (I get the no permissionserror). I have definitely set up my permissions in the creation of the collection (or w/e it's called). The only possible reason I have is that the URL points to a html document even though I haven't added rewrites.
(2011-01-30, 09:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I thought was what it was, so I did not add that to the board root when I installed.

However, I got these issues as in my first post so I UNINSTALLED and deactivated (I set the settings to drop the tables) and then put that main file in the board root (public_html) - reinstalled, reactivated.

I don't really want it outside the forum at the moment - I have this on my testboard (different MYSQL DB on same server/FTP )at the moment, so I can see how to use it before going to production forum with it.
So I have repeated uninstall/install as above - mainfile is no longer in the public_html.

If you want the file in the forum root, then you do not need the "one level up" file. The package should have included a showcase.php file in the "mybb_root_folder" folder. This file should work as-is with no edits to the file (it will be the one with $forumdir = './'; in it)

(2011-01-30, 09:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]In the rar File I downloaded from the mods site when I opened up the rar the folder structure was as in the pic. I changed nothing.

[Image: 2ewywbn.jpg]

As long as you put the contents of "mybb_root_folder" in the folder containing the forum root, you should be good. As you can see the MyShowcase Admin tab in the ACP, file locations should be fine.

(2011-01-30, 09:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]These were incorrectly CHModded and so I have set them to 777 - they WERE at 755.....my bad.
The effect of this change is that I am able to add a field, though I do see the php error message flash briefly first.

[Image: 2v3k85i.jpg]

Glad the write permissions were fixed. I thought I had it coded so that the field edits worked even if the language file was not written. Then it would require manual language uploads. I will double check the code.

(2011-01-30, 09:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure how to do that, I am sorry. Here is the data for the caches AFTER I added the fieldsets and fields I mentioned earlier in this post

pscom_plugins 57 bytes
myshowcase_config 6 bytes
myshowcase_field_data 6 bytes
myshowcase_fieldsets 119 bytes
myshowcase_fields 1.26 KB
myshowcase_permissions 6 bytes
myshowcase_moderators 6 byte

When you are viewing this list of caches, just click the name, like myshowcase_fields, and it will output an bunch of data (or a Cache is empty message)

(2011-01-30, 09:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I will PM you details if we cannot fix it via the thread. It is my friends server and FTP and he is in bed right now so I cannot ask him for permission for me to let you on the FTP.

I think I will need access, you can create a temporary FTP/admin account if you like and send me that info. Could you install the ezSQL plugin (or something similar) so I can query the showcase DB tables?

Tonight I will see if I can get the time to wipe out my other unused test domain I have and install 1.6.1 from scratch and the showcase system and see if I can replicate your errors.

Also, please PM me what version of Apache/IIS, PHP and the type and version SQL you are using. It may be a compatibility issue I am not aware of
(2011-01-30, 10:48 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also getting the foreach() error. However, everything else seems to work fine except I can't add stuff (I get the no permissionserror). I have definitely set up my permissions in the creation of the collection (or w/e it's called). The only possible reason I have is that the URL points to a html document even though I haven't added rewrites.

You should be getting a standard 404 not found error if you are trying to use the showcase you setup and did not install the .htaccess rewrites (and SEO is enabled by MyBB)

Did the sample data install? I did make a minor change to it before packaging it up without testing it, but it should have no impact. (this will help me understand the issues LeeFish is having since his did not install)

Permissions work similar to the MyBB system where 'yes wins' so as long as one of the groups you are in has the permissions needed, it should work.

It could also be an issue with cookies. When you view the showcase you created, does MyBB show you as logged in? If the showcase is outside the MyBB root and you cookies for MyBB are not set to root path, then you wont be logged in and will get a no permissions error if you do nto allow guest to add.

As you can tell, this is a very complex add-on, so I was expecting some issues on first use on other servers, but not this level of problems.

I apologize to both of you for the inconveniences.
okay so I took a look at the code and installed it on another domain I have (same server mind you) and it is working.

this was a bare domain that had all files deleted and all db tables dropped. installed MyBB 1.6.1 new and installed the plugin new WITHOUT the sample data

I found a couple small issues.

Plugin was not dropping existing tables if enabled due to a setting name problem. However, this does not impact the issues you are seeing.

The other issue (foreach errors) was involving the code trying to update existing data when saving fields and fieldsets but there was no existing data. installing the sample data avoids this, but I have fixed the code to test for exiting data before trying to update it :-)

Also, the $forumdir variable was set in the file intended for the forum root. Looks like I copied the wrong file to that location.

So I have attached 3 files.

showcase.php goes in forum root
myshowcase.php goes in <forum root>\inc\plugins
fields.php goes in <forum_root>\admin\modules\myshowcase

If you two can install these files, set the config to delete tables, uninstall the plugin, reinstall it, then you can give it another shot.

it is working for me at http://www.headoffroad.com/showcase.php

you can register and test that setup. i'll keep it open for a few days
I already sorted the forumdir problem (installed it in my mybb root), but I'm 100% sure now the other issue is caused by my lack of a htaccess update. IDK why I don't get a 404, but I don't.

I'll update the files ASAP.

As for the sample data, I did install it, but only the fields seemed to install. Was that intended?
only sample data is fields and field data (for dropdown type fields).
Yup.

I jut fixed the htaccess and I still get a no permissions error. Mind if I PM you an admin account so you can see what I mean?
Is it safe to install this on a production board? As a stand alone plugin, it shouldn't affect any other files, correct?
(2011-01-31, 02:47 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yup.

I jut fixed the htaccess and I still get a no permissions error. Mind if I PM you an admin account so you can see what I mean?

Please use the new showcase.php file attached to this post. I had a debugging line still present so that only UID=1 could use the system... Sorry about that. See if that helps.

(2011-01-31, 03:57 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Is it safe to install this on a production board? As a stand alone plugin, it shouldn't affect any other files, correct?

Should be okay, totally standalone (as long as the plugin file has no syntax errors that causes PHP to display an error, but that file is fine)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5