MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProPortal Redux Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
WOOWWW thanks Steven !!

Big Grin
Hey this is great! please keep it up! I can't wait! Smile
Hello Steven

I have one request, if you don't mind:

It'll be a good idea if you add a function (or configuration, whatever it's name), that allows to add a new block in an easy way (only to take into account those of us whom aren't code skilled) into the page.

Example:

- I'll like to use an announcement block, but only for certain FID's, because I don't want it displays the content (whole or part), only the title.

- But I'll like to display also some other FID's with some short description, not only the title, therefore I'll have to use another announcement block but with a different configuration.

I hope being clear. It'll be a great help if I could just add a new announcement block from the Page Settings in an easy way. Smile

Thanks for helping all of us.
(2011-03-16, 03:41 AM)Torrecus Wrote: [ -> ]It'll be a good idea if you add a function (or configuration, whatever it's name), that allows to add a new block in an easy way (only to take into account those of us whom aren't code skilled) into the page.

Example:

- I'll like to use an announcement block, but only for certain FID's, because I don't want it displays the content (whole or part), only the title.

- But I'll like to display also some other FID's with some short description, not only the title, therefore I'll have to use another announcement block but with a different configuration.

I hope being clear. It'll be a great help if I could just add a new announcement block from the Page Settings in an easy way. Smile

The announcements block that will ship with ProPortal Redux will have a better configuration than that of ProPortal's, but something like what you're asking would be a custom modification. It would be a good learning experience, too. Smile
MyBB REALLY needs a good portal solution for people that don´t want to use a full CMS system, or can´t find a good integration with other popular systems (and MyBB is FAR behind in this field).

So, thank you for your work and good luck! Smile
i have a suggestion,,,
like in wordpress,can we have a WYSIWYG Editor,where we can edit the content and so there would be no need of another cms,as our pro portal can it self act as one!
also commment system for the posts,where users can comment directly and guests have to validate thru email like we see in other cms based sites!

Any update?
Drag and drop content will be awesome...
Another question,...can this show what's hot/popular thread per category...

(2011-03-23, 05:19 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]i have a suggestion,,,
like in wordpress,can we have a WYSIWYG Editor,where we can edit the content and so there would be no need of another cms,as our pro portal can it self act as one!
also commment system for the posts,where users can comment directly and guests have to validate thru email like we see in other cms based sites!

Vote up about the WYSIWYG editor, but about guest commenting, validating thru email i think it's not necessary (why dont they just register in one minute)...of course it can boost the post number but i think just let captcha to prevent spam can be enough, if guest want to comment as anonymously..
Hello people! Smile I hope you're doing good.
I have one question regarding ProPortal Redux's license...I've read that it clearly states: "Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes."

Now, I was always horrible at understanding licenses(which is partially due to my English skills :/) but does that mean, you cannot use ProPortal Redux regardless of the way you make money with your forum?

For example a non-profit but professional famous forum(I'm not talking about my forum, I'm just giving an example Big Grin) which offers you free registration and everything for free...but makes money off advertisements and/or donations...is that considered to be commercial purpose?
Really looking forward to this, how's development going?
Any news on the development?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7