MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB-es copyright infringements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Oh so if I pay you $8/month you protect me from the law, I see.

I may have jumped the gun, but I'm bloody amd and don't regret a damn thing.
I am personally disgusted by this.

I sincerely hope those who run MyBB-es decide to remove all the ripped themes and ban Bour Elvan. For a site that apparently aims to support MyBB they are dealing a huge blow to the MyBB theming community.

I have removed MyBB-es from the list of international support sites in the Internationalization forum.
Anman Wrote:Are you serious? You won't even talk to him? You guys are going overboard, nobody thought to ask him to take them down. Maybe he would comply.

My question is, why are you trying to defend him? Theres nothing right with what he has done and continues to do so.
(2011-02-18, 01:30 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]And so you're sending a DMCA to sure show him a thing or two? This is beyond stupid, especially when HostGator is going to side with its paying customer.

I'm sure their legal department would think otherwise.
(2011-02-18, 01:40 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]I am personally disgusted by this.

I sincerely hope those who run MyBB-es decide to remove all the ripped themes and ban Bour Elvan. For a site that apparently aims to support MyBB they are dealing a huge blow to the MyBB skinning community.

I have removed MyBB-es from the list of international support sites in the Internationalization forum.

Thank you kindly.
(2011-02-18, 01:30 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]And so you're sending a DMCA to sure show him a thing or two? This is beyond stupid, especially when HostGator is going to side with its paying customer.

Dude... what are you saying? Your making it sound like it's alright to steal some one's work, some one's paid work and offer it for free.

In no way what he did was right and they need to pay the consequences for that. How would you feel if some one did that to your work? Its like cloning Windows then selling it as another OS.

And Pirata did request him to remove the links, so did Sivy, he did it for specific themes but not the whole lot of them....
Seems like he also ripped the Runway theme, what a waste of time. I'll send a DMCA too.

lawl http://www.mybb-es.com/showthread.php?tid=4259
(2011-02-18, 01:18 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious? You won't even talk to him? You guys are going overboard, nobody thought to ask him to take them down. Maybe he would comply.

OK, when someone has ripped literally tens of themes, and has so much dis-respect for MyBB itself, the themers, and overall this community... I don't think its worth speaking to the guy to get it sorted out. Thats what a lawyer is for.

Besides, sending a DMCA Takedown Notice is the correct way to do things, It alerts the host that they are breaking the TOS.
(2011-02-18, 06:32 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-18, 01:18 AM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious? You won't even talk to him? You guys are going overboard, nobody thought to ask him to take them down. Maybe he would comply.

OK, when someone has ripped literally tens of themes, and has so much dis-respect for MyBB itself, the themers, and overall this community... I don't think its worth speaking to the guy to get it sorted out. Thats what a lawyer is for.

Besides, sending a DMCA Takedown Notice is the correct way to do things, It alerts the host that they are breaking the TOS.
Agreed.

People like this need to get off the internet imo. Not everything should be free, and people really need to start respecting each other...
This is horrible. The person ripping the themes should be banned from the internet, it's criminalistic the way people do this to other people's work. It's called PLAGIARISM and is arrest worthy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9