MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB-es copyright infringements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2011-02-19, 03:53 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-19, 02:57 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I'll never understand the idiots who think that plagiarising other people's work is a good thing.
Plagiarism is bad. It's called "stealing other people's work then trying to pass it off as your own" when it most likely isn't. This is against the law.

/thread
(2011-02-18, 09:27 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see what's the big fuss about. They aren't big.
Does it matter if they were unknown or a huge multi-national company?? No, it doesn't: theme ripping is illegal.

They didn't claim they made it, they specifically said it was ripped.

Either way they stole it.
(2011-02-19, 03:53 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]They didn't claim they made it, they specifically said it was ripped.

Regardless if they claimed to have made it or ripped it, it is still plagiarism.
I did not deny that.
They did replace copyrights, however.
Edit: footer notices I mean
(2011-02-19, 06:21 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]They did replace copyrights, however.
Edit: footer notices I mean

I found it quite amusing that he stuck his name into your skin footer, however the logo still says NanoSkinners lol...
So is it all clear now, no more ripping?
I just visited the spanish section (I do speak spanish), and there is a kinda advertising war out there between SoporteMybb (which is in the internationalization list) and the guys from MyBB-Es.

I personally think the spanish section should not be the place for something like this.
(2011-02-19, 11:20 PM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think the spanish section should not be the place for something like this.

Eventually we plan to phase out the Internationalization and change it into a strictly translation discussion section in English. It's just impossible for us to moderate it the way it is.

(2011-02-20, 01:13 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-19, 11:20 PM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think the spanish section should not be the place for something like this.

Eventually we plan to phase out the Internationalization and change it into a strictly translation discussion section in English. It's just impossible for us to moderate it the way it is.

I'm not sure I understand, by "strictly translation discussion" you mean users posting in that section can only discuss translations from English to their language?
(2011-02-20, 01:28 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-20, 01:13 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure I understand, by "strictly translation discussion" you mean users posting in that section can only discuss translations from English to their language?

Mhm.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9