MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFXMarket.org - New GFX Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: gfxlink.png]

General
Hello and thanks for checking out my thread. Im new to the forum business but from the comments i have been getting recently i feel im off to a good start. As you can see my forum is called "GFXMarket" which is a graphics forum obviously, the market section is where you can sell your services such as signatures you have made, backgrounds anything GFX related. GFX artist are always going to be needed so if you into graphics and looking to improve be sure to check out my site.

Competitions
Within the next week or so i plan to run a referral competition, this basically means the person with the most referrals will win a prize which will most likely be cash. I plan to run serveral more competitions later on but right no my focus is getting a active community going.

Staff positions
At this current time i do not need staff as im sure i can moderator a forum with 6 people. I plan to start recruiting members for my team when the community reaches around 200 members, this may change due to personal issues such as college, work anything that may stop me be from being unable to access the site daily. So keep an eye out for applications.

Other
This is my first forum so im taking things easy. Im doing as much as i can by myself and currently designing a good looking logo then i will be moving onto a custom MyBB theme. This will take time but im dedicated and willing to give it a shot before i start throwing cash around.

Thanks for reading and feel free to give feedback, Also feel free to sign up.

-GFXMarket.org
Good start, But there are alot of graphic forums so you have alot of competition, the logo is plain and boring for a graphic forum you need a great skin to be honest. Look at other graphic forums for ideas.
Bump Bump Bump.

Anyone else checked out my forums? Be great to get some more feedback
I can guess that your forum is about graphics, and possibly how to market them. But it would be better if you simply said what you are about. Perhaps put a tag line on the lower part of your logo and/or a sticked message in your first forum called "About GFXMarket."

Bump - Got my first member yesterday which im pretty pleased about, the first steps to something im hoping will become big.

Ben
take a look at vibrantfx.net that is just a small competition your up against.
Wow, that site is awesome Toungue No i have something aim for.
(2011-03-27, 11:08 AM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]take a look at vibrantfx.net that is just a small competition your up against.

That's really not what to aim for.
Got a few more members now.

Bump
(2011-03-27, 11:37 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-27, 11:08 AM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]take a look at vibrantfx.net that is just a small competition your up against.

That's really not what to aim for.

Why not? They are big and popular with a great theme?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5