MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RTFW.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:>blue, yellow and red

There's red some where in the mess of all that blue and yellow? Besides the logo I don't see red.
The logo isn't exactly inconsequential.
Okay, I removed the Comic Sans from the thead (I just kind of threw it in there in the last minute to help tie in the logo). I don't want to get rid of the colors, but I'd be willing to change them to be a little less harsh if someone would be kind enough to inspire me as to how.
(2011-03-30, 10:42 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]What don't you people like about the theme, specifically?

Man, if you have to ask this kind of question, I don't know if you should be running a site about criticizing people's websites. I wouldn't ask for advice on my drinking problem from an alcoholic.
(2011-03-30, 11:09 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Man, if you have to ask this kind of question, I don't know if you should be running a site about criticizing people's websites.

The whole point of this site is constructive criticism, where you offer ideas to fix the user's site. If you can't offer any ideas, you're not being helpful.

So, I ask again, what is it about the theme specifically that you don't like?
The website's name doesn't exactly encourage concrit, don't you think? It's very aggressive.
The logo looks out of place, the theme looks like a beach. Not really the look you want when judging other peoples websites. I like that you haven't overloaded it with sections, as that's normally the first mistake of new-forum makers. I don't think the "F" should stand for the "strawberry", as Uncontrol said it's rather aggressive.

I wouldn't put ads on it yet either, as you're not getting enough traffic/activity to really profit from them. That theme template is okay it's just the coloring that's completely off in my opinion.
So if we were to drop the "constructive" aspect of the site, would you be okay with the current name? And if we chose not to, do you have any suggestions for replacing the "F" that don't sound like we're crapping out?

Also, I have yet to receive an actual suggestion for improving the theme. So far it's just been "the theme/colors suck." Keep in mind I made it (admittedly rather quickly) so I don't really see much wrong with it.

Finally, I'd rather have ads from the start so we don't have to deal with users complaining when we put them up (and you know they will).
I think there's a fundamental problem if you don't see what's bad about this theme, though. Do you look at good examples of modern web design, ever? Your site looks lik some 90's Geocities nightmare. The colors, the fonts, everything is bad; there's nothing constructive to say other than "start over," but I'm not convinced that would help as you have seemingly no eye for design.

Quote:Finally, I'd rather have ads from the start so we don't have to deal with users complaining when we put them up (and you know they will).

OK, but who cares if they complain unless they will leave? Right now you don't have enough activity to prove that it's worth staying if there's ads there.
(2011-03-31, 06:03 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's a fundamental problem if you don't see what's bad about this theme, though. Do you look at good examples of modern web design, ever? Your site looks lik some 90's Geocities nightmare. The colors, the fonts, everything is bad; there's nothing constructive to say other than "start over," but I'm not convinced that would help as you have seemingly no eye for design.

You still have yet to give any specifics. You've merely insulted my eye for design and compared it to outdated websites and offered nothing. You, sir, are useless to me.

Come back when you have at least one suggestion that isn't "start over." Until then, I'm going to ignore you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6