MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RTFW.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@Aristotle I know that I can click the header,use the navigation or just add /index.php to the url....but he is making this site for all types of people....someone might just not know this things.... Toungue
Also the logo and the theme can be improved...... my opinion of course.
The other guy wanted the portal thing. I didn't particularly feel it was necessary but since he's paying for the domain name I have to at least listen to his input (and he was somewhat insistent about it).

Once we've got more news the portal will be a bit more filled out, and I'll add a link to the forums now.

Like I said a little bit earlier the logo and theme are placeholders to get rid of the god-awful atrocity I had before. I'll be replacing it with something better thought out once I've finished my current commission and have more free time.

At this point I just want people to know the site exists and what it's for.
What sense does the language select bar make if there's only one language to select from? I find that confusing - not only in your forum.
(2011-04-14, 07:53 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]What sense does the language select bar make if there's only one language to select from? I find that confusing - not only in your forum.

Almost all MyBB forums have it on :/
^ And they should all disable it. It's a small detail but those are what make the experience special.

Haven't seen much investment of time or ideas on this site, I wonder why you opened it ...
I opened it because the other guy wanted to open a forum. I had an idea and hosting, and he had a domain and supposedly drive. Then his ISP crapped out on him and I'm lucky to catch him on MSN at the same time as me.

Right now I'm mostly just letting Google see "hey, this site exists, it's a forum, and it's about rating and reviewing websites," as well as fixing crawling errors and other SEO and regular optimization crap as a learning experience. Hopefully I can get him to invest more effort into the site soon since I don't want yet another of my ideas to fail due to me being overwhelmed by handling it alone.

I was under the impression that he would do most of the public facing stuff like posting and whatnot, and I would do maintenance and backend stuff for the most part. I'll see if I can get a design out of him, and if not I'll try and come up with something better once I have free time.
(2011-04-14, 10:01 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-14, 07:53 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]What sense does the language select bar make if there's only one language to select from? I find that confusing - not only in your forum.

Almost all MyBB forums have it on :/

Which is *still* not even close to being a good reason. If there is no selection, don't pretend to offer one.
It looks like "the admin didn't bother".
(2011-04-15, 04:48 PM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't I start a new thread at RTFW?

You need to activate your account.
(2011-04-15, 05:28 PM)Morsec0de Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-15, 04:48 PM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't I start a new thread at RTFW?

You need to activate your account.

I suppose "Read the F***ing Webpage* is also appropriate.
Theme ain't that bad - it works.
Interesting idea, but I don't think it should require a forum software to accomplish what you're doing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6