MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RTFW.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I dunno about other people cuz I didn't read all three pages xD but I wasn't attacking you.

You just said you weren't willing to change the colors so if you didn't want to change the colors then just get a new theme Toungue
Kind weird name, i wouldn't visit it for the name to be honest, it's not exactly welcoming saying "strawberry" in your site name...
(2011-04-01, 10:50 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]Kind weird name, i wouldn't visit it for the name to be honest, it's not exactly welcoming saying "strawberry" in your site name...

He could be saying "freaking" or... "frigging" or "fiddlesticks"
(2011-04-01, 07:54 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]You just said you weren't willing to change the colors

It's not that I didn't want to change the colors, it's that I didn't want to drastically change the colors, and I didn't know what I could change them to without expending too much effort since I have other projects I need to focus on (i.e. my commission & finding a real job).

I guess once I've finished the commissioned design I can sit down and focus on my own site, or I could get the other guy to buy a theme.
OMFG I saw the site on a different monitor and holy crap WTF. Apparently my laptop's monitor washes colors out a bunch, so what looks like a soft blue on my screen is bright day-glo blue on most other monitors.

I just got finished replacing everything with something that I think is much more toned down. I also took the opportunity to convince the other guy to tone down the name too (didn't take much since I came up with it anyway Toungue). It's now just RTFW.

Gone is the Comic Sans and Komika and the whole comic style, instead replacing them with Bookman Old Style and Verdana and a slightly more consistent and professional print/magazine style.

The theme is still very temporary, but once I realized the atrocity I had created I felt getting this out the door ASAP to replace it was for the best. Then once I have more time to sit down and put together a proper design I can do so.
It looks a lot better!

I still don't like the font but much better!
The title font didn't turn out quite as nice as I had hoped, especially at the smaller .thead and button sizes, but I'll most likely find something nicer for the final theme.
http://rtfw.org/ brings us to your portal page...and from there their is no button/tab that will lead us to your forums.....ADD ONE! Wink
(2011-04-14, 03:23 AM)Jack707 Wrote: [ -> ]http://rtfw.org/ brings us to your portal page...and from there their is no button/tab that will lead us to your forums.....ADD ONE! Wink

click the header.
(2011-04-14, 03:50 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-14, 03:23 AM)Jack707 Wrote: [ -> ]http://rtfw.org/ brings us to your portal page...and from there their is no button/tab that will lead us to your forums.....ADD ONE! Wink

click the header.

If you need instructions to navigate a website, you blew it. That said, not even sure why the default is the portal; should be the community, there's nothing very interesting on the portal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6