MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very High Memory Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hello. Our community's MyBB forum is using between 100-110mb of memory per page. What might be causing this? I mentioned in another thread that we do have nearly 60 usergroups. Could this be the culprit? Any advice for how to lower this number?

Thanks for your insight!
Probably because of some plugins. Can you list all the Installed plugins you have ?
Akismet
Auto Media
BBCode Usertitle
Email About New Members
Last Visitors in Profile
Profile Buddies
Quick Theme
Social Buttons
Stop Forum Spam
Thanks
User Quickmenu in Postbit
None of the above listed plugins have any huge number of queries. Undecided
I'm baffled. Sad
Link?
The values shown there do not mean that thats how much memory is being used constantly by the forum, it just shows how many MBs of memory were used in the 0.05seconds that the script took to run.
Also those values are pretty standard for a new install of a forum or any other php/mysql application of this size.

Make sure your decimal point is set to . (i.e. dot) if its empty then it show you 110MB but actually this value is 1.1
(2011-04-08, 12:22 PM)Akari Wrote: [ -> ]Link?

staff.stratics.com. Unfortunately, it is a private forum for our staff, so visibility will be limited to the registration page.

(2011-04-08, 12:27 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]The values shown there do not mean that thats how much memory is being used constantly by the forum, it just shows how many MBs of memory were used in the 0.05seconds that the script took to run.
Also those values are pretty standard for a new install of a forum or any other php/mysql application of this size.

Make sure your decimal point is set to . (i.e. dot) if its empty then it show you 110MB but actually this value is 1.1

labrocca was kind enough to look at it for me. He's the one who pointed out the high memory usage.

Here is the advanced statistic summary from the index page:

Quote:Generated in 2.3916969 seconds (99.51% PHP / 0.49% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 8 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0603929 / Memory Usage: 122.5 MB
PHP version: 5.3.5 / Server Load: 0.95 / GZip Compression: Disabled
This is really slow, does it affect all pages?
Aye, I'm afraid it does. Takes a really long time to load any page. :<
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8