MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I got my design. Can somebody help me make it? (willing to pay)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
@Uncontrol Why can't you say something nice about someone's forum for once? It gets old reading all your negative posts.
(2011-04-21, 05:00 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-21, 04:47 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Man...those will look awesome when they're styled.
I think the whole card thing is a waste of space however, why do you want such a layout, tgh?

My thoughts exactly. It would make sense for an image gallery or something, but this is just ... obnoxious.
As always, thank you for your comments Dodgy.
tgh, it's a reasonable comment and you can't give a reasonable response? What's the advantage of displaying it this way? Get over your criticism allergy.

(2011-04-21, 05:13 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]@Uncontrol Why can't you say something nice about someone's forum for once? It gets old reading all your negative posts.

I do say nice things about people's forums. Often. Look harder. If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore; I'll somehow find a way to continue living.
(2011-04-21, 05:20 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]tgh, it's a reasonable comment and you can't give a reasonable response? What's the advantage of displaying it this way? Get over your criticism allergy.

(2011-04-21, 05:13 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]@Uncontrol Why can't you say something nice about someone's forum for once? It gets old reading all your negative posts.

I do say nice things about people's forums. Often. Look harder. If my posts bother you that much, put me on ignore; I'll somehow find a way to continue living.
I don't know what to say as it's a matter of preference, and you can't change preference. It's like me saying blue's a nice color, and you saying it's not. It's not gonna go anywhere.

Personally, I find the regular forum structure may be lacking, and perhaps even daunting for many peopel. For some, it may seem like a wall of text. This is more inviting, at least that's the way I see it. I made things less intrusive in my new mock-up, with the boxes being 164px by 164, and such. But it's still the gallery style.

I really don't have have the 'criticism allergy', I just noticed you repeating what you said earlier. As if I didn't hear it the first time, ya' know Toungue. That's all, keep criticizing as you please hah.

OK, but is this the prime solution for making things less daunting? I'm not so sure. Subject lines are not really designed to be shaped as squares. Why not look at something most people understand -- like Facebook, for example -- and try to build off that?
(2011-04-21, 07:15 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]OK, but is this the prime solution for making things less daunting? I'm not so sure. Subject lines are not really designed to be shaped as squares. Why not look at something most people understand -- like Facebook, for example -- and try to build off that?

After all my hard work your trying to stop it being used? Toungue I think it's personal opinion, you can always install 2 versions of your theme and the way I've done this means that you wouldn't have too have any difference in the css!
(2011-04-21, 07:15 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]OK, but is this the prime solution for making things less daunting? I'm not so sure. Subject lines are not really designed to be shaped as squares. Why not look at something most people understand -- like Facebook, for example -- and try to build off that?
It's actually funny that you mentioned that because I already had the idea of having a similar format to facebook, only not as the central forum. Perhaps I'll give more information about it later in this thread, but it's pretty unrelated.

But yes, I've already thought of that.

Clarkie, should I PM you the details? You shouldnt continue working based on what I have in the original post if I was you. I have improved it aesthetically since then.
Ok you know what? Why don't you just leave him alone and go chat about "japanese and alternative fashion"
(2011-04-21, 08:18 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]

After all my hard work your trying to stop it being used? Toungue I think it's personal opinion, you can always install 2 versions of your theme and the way I've done this means that you wouldn't have too have any difference in the css!

Haha, don't misunderstand. I'm surprised you were able to do it so well. It's definitely just personal opinion, but I think it's good to get the perspective of other people, isn't it? In the end it's the OP's choice what he does, but I think if you can't justify something in the face of criticism you need to re-examine the idea.

I agree with what he wants to do, just not sure about the execution. I'm curious to see how this holds up under actual use.

(2011-04-21, 08:53 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Ok you know what? Why don't you just leave him alone and go chat about "japanese and alternative fashion"

Is this supposed to be an insult?
(2011-04-21, 09:16 PM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I love how you keep coming back to try and outsmart us or whatever the hell you want. Just leave and save this thread for people who want to help him.
You know, hot threads attract firetrucks...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5