MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Forum Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-05-25, 04:36 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Only original poster and moderator can post (like mybb Private Inquiries)
Deactivate avatar on this forum
Deactivate signatures on this forum

Those are great suggestions. Thanks Wink
Nice. Smile Thanks!
(2011-06-08, 04:52 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, like I said above, blocking links/images in signatures will be added in the next release.

Do you mean you forum permissions plugin will disable links on signatures or next mybb release?
(2011-06-08, 09:23 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you forum permissions plugin will disable links on signatures or next mybb release?

No, I meant the next release of the plugin. Smile
(2011-06-08, 09:31 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-08, 09:23 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you forum permissions plugin will disable links on signatures or next mybb release?

So next release will be something like "Extra Forum & Signature Permissions"?
(2011-06-08, 11:27 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-08, 09:31 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]

So next release will be something like "Extra Forum & Signature Permissions"?

No, the "can post links" and "can post images" will be also be applied on the signature. If you don't want users to post links/images in post, you probably also don't want them to add links/images in the signature.
(2011-06-09, 07:25 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]No, the "can post links" and "can post images" will be also be applied on the signature. If you don't want users to post links/images in post, you probably also don't want them to add links/images in the signature.

I get it, I was waiting for a 'Extra Signature Permissions' like plugin Big Grin

Of course, I will be waiting for this update anyways Toungue
Hi,currently by default forum view permissions available are
Can view forum?
Can view threads within forum?
Can only view own threads?
Can download attachments?
but in that if you add the following permission it will be very useful for private forum setup.
can view no of threads?
can view no of posts?
and is there any option to display a message like "only premium members are allowed" instead of this default "Sorry but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options." if a guest access the private forum

see my private forum section here for more details
This plugin always shows the default messages and uses the default methods that MyBB uses to inform the user. You can change the message in the language files if you wish. You could generalize it a little bit, like: "Sorry, but there are currently no thread in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options or for your level of permissions."
(2011-05-25, 04:52 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-25, 04:36 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Only original poster and moderator can post (like mybb Private Inquiries)
Deactivate avatar on this forum
Deactivate signatures on this forum

Those are great suggestions. Thanks Wink

I just notice this plugin add options to groups, not forums, so my suggestions seems to be... not possible or a little out of context...

I'm wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5