MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Forum Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Any chance of adding some extended options to this plugin that can further grant limited mod status only for the thread(s) in which the user is the Original Poster? The basic goal for which I am looking to possibly institute would be for responsible users to be able to "self-moderate" their own threads without an Admin having to grant them actual Moderator status.

This would allow a standard user as the OP to take some ownership in the threads they create, and to encourage them to maintain them. They would be able to warn, delete, and possibly edit the comments from registered users. However, they would not be able to take action against a higher level user (such as actual mods or admins). This limited and revocable elevated status could be conditionally granted by requirements as put forth by the forum Admin in the ACP. It could be as simple as an on/off switch or a more complicated promotional setup.

I have yet to locate a plugin anywhere for MyBB (free or paid) that grants these options. However, your plugin here is the closest that I have found. Is it feasible for you to incorporate these requested features into your plugin?
I'm finding a trouble with the wordbb plugin, wordbb plugin works great for me, but if this plugin is activate wordbb trow me a "You Have not permission to Post Links in this forum" message, I know wordbb is not your plugin but I will really appreciate if you check that please.

It is just that my website is a wordpress integration...
How about a setting to prevent an OP from deleting the thread or opening post once it has been replied to?

I just had a member do so on my forum because she didn't like the replies she was getting.
just want to say that this plugin has worked wonders for stopping spam. i've disallowed links and image postings for guest users and haven't received spam in a week of using it
Could it be possible to add ability to delete posts by others on own thread?
Can someone help please? I can't get this plugin to work! I'm still a bit of a newbie and have searched but can't find a solution.

The instructions say
Quote:Copy both the extraforumperm-folder and the extraforumperm.php file into /path/to/mybb/inc/plugins/
2)
I take it that means inc/plugins as I don't have 2. but I can't upload the folder as it is, when I go to upload, the folder opens and I can't install both lang and admin in plugins as they are the same extraforumperm.lang.php

I have tried installing one in inc/languages/english and the other in inc/languages/english/admin. but no luck, when I go to plugins all my other plugins have gone and I get a blank page with this: inc/plugins/extraforumperm/lang/english/admin/extraforumperm.lang.php

Using 1.6.5 with plugins A clear news bar, Favorite threads, and Page manager.

Thanks in advance.
^ you can drag both the file and the folder into ftp window of ./inc/plugins ; this plugin is coded such that all related files are in its folder
(2012-03-04, 01:06 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ you can drag both the file and the folder into ftp window of ./inc/plugins ; this plugin is coded such that all related files are in its folder

Hi Ranjani, sorry but I don't know how to do that. Blush where do I find ftp window in cPanel?

Thanks.
^ oh! sorry, I thought you are using a ftp program like filezilla . if you are using file manager in cpanel then you have to create
a new folder in plugins directory named extraforumperm AND again new folder in extraforumperm named lang ... & so on AND
upload the files . if it is confusing for you then I can install it, if you provide temporary access thru PM ..
(2012-03-04, 01:34 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ oh! sorry, I thought you are using a ftp program like filezilla . if you are using file manager in cpanel then you have to create
a new folder in plugins directory named extraforumperm AND again new folder in extraforumperm named lang ... & so on AND
upload the files . if it is confusing for you then I can install it, if you provide temporary access thru PM ..

Thanks very much Ranjani I got it to work Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5