MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error (44) every day (host says mybb fault )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well that's what doesn't make sense, ./inc/init.php is run on every single page load, admin and forum, so if this check only fails on the main forum, then there is something unusual about your setup somewhere. We have no way of really pinpointing what though.
so best to reupload mybb ? because i still have the db Smile
You can upload the files again if you want but I doubt that'll fix it; I still think there's something weird going on with the host somewhere, if you were to change it'd probably stop happening.
I have just uploaded the instal folder to my forum i keep getting a error 44 and no one can fix it so i want to reinstal mybb but don't wanna lose the users or templates or posts is there a way ???
What do you exactly mean with reinstall? Because reinstalling, in my eyes, is starting from a new database. What's wrong with your current installation?
http://youraquatics.com/
have a look. My host will not help they say its mybb . Mybb staff say its your host so i just want to fix te error by reinstaling the files and leave the db has it is
A re-installation isn't going to help here.
In inc/config.php change:
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
to
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';

Or the other way around.

If that still doesn't work, it's your host.
I have

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'youraquatics';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = '';

changed it from mysqli to mysql but the same.... My host says to contact mybb Confused

the admin panel works but not the forum....
Hmm, this sounded familiar. And sure enough, you already have a thread about it: http://community.mybb.com/thread-95879.html

Please continue in your original thread.
my host still says they hosts 1000s of mybb forums and it is not them they say.
Im still having the problem and need it fixed could give my admin info or ftp to mybb staff if they need it ?
I can login to the admin panel and change anything but the forum just keep showing the error all pluggings have turned off too make sure it ent them
Pages: 1 2 3 4