MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple blue- V.3 (A custom sports theme)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How long does it / did it take you to make any of those mockups using Word? I'd like to run a little experiment. :3
It takes me 5-10 hours.
Wow! That's a long time...

Your mockup that took half an hour would probably have taken 5-10 minutes in Photoshop.
That's great, but don't think I use "Word" only, I use GIMP to create the images, I also use some mockup tools that I got for free online. I'm saving some money to get Photoshop, is rather expensive.
These mockups would also have taken 5-10 minutes using only the GIMP. You're using a typewriter to paint a picture. Few people can do that well, and chances are very slim that you're one of them. Please use the right tool for the job, it makes things so much easier.
(2011-07-03, 11:48 PM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]Sure ill give you a screen-shot.

I create all my mockup with word 2010 shapes, then I use Gimp to put all my screen-shot together and I save the picture, if not I save the word file as a PDF or HTML.

-As for my custom program, is basically customizing mockup with word 2010, I call it "My" because i'm probably the only person in the world who spends endless hours making theme shape by shape.

I think I need to find another pair of pants...
Mr. TNR you can always just use the 30 day free trial for photoshop cs4/5 to try it out and get use to it.
(2011-07-06, 11:18 AM)koz Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. TNR you can always just use the 30 day free trial for photoshop cs4/5 to try it out and get use to it.

Photoshop elements is like $99.99 at staples anyhow.
(2011-07-06, 12:20 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Photoshop elements is like $99.99 at staples anyhow.

I'm not very fond of photoshop elements. I prefer to just stick to the usual of using photoshop cs4.
Why go with photoshop when u have free ones like gimp.
Mr.tnr for u now gimp is more than sufficient.
As u r a newbie also try paint.net for simple images.
For gradients go to gimp.

U can get a photoshop when u gain enough control over editing images.

So better download them now and just practise making images and gradients,simple ones Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7