MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-07-13, 02:54 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I now have three- one doesn't post in the club (on a different forum) anymore, so I demoted him.
As for the other two: they're both active in both the forum and the club.

And I'm pretty sure it's MyBBNew.

He was posting on an old board you demoted him? That seems a bit harsh. If you need a host and cant afford it try x10hosting. Trust me I learnt the hardway you can't expect to run a forum and not invest at least a little money.

Also how old are you if you don't have any money?
Oh I have money. I just don't want to spend it on a forum...and to get the full extent of what I'm saying about the guy I demoted: go on my forum. Click on the "'The Pokemon Club International' Thread" redirect. You'll see there- his name is Inferno Knight LC. He barely posts there anymore- and he doesn't on the forum. So, I demoted him.
(2011-07-13, 02:35 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to say this...we can't afford to pay for anything. If it's free, we'll take it. If it costs money, we won't do that.
As for the theme...we're working on that right now. ;D
And more content? Such as?

Ask yourself how far you intend to go with this forum.
If you're aiming around 50 - 100 registrations, with you, your friends, and maybe a few more "regular users" to have fun on your own forum.

This is fine, this works.

But look at any of the large ones, PokeCommunity, Serebii, PokeBeach, etc
Do you really think they run on "Free" services?

There are tons of ways to make money, even if you're just around the age of 14 - 17, in real life, or online. Paid to Post mostly, but they work.

It's going to be a fair lesson to learn, that nothing good comes free.

(2011-07-13, 02:54 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I now have three- one doesn't post in the club (on a different forum) anymore, so I demoted him.
As for the other two: they're both active in both the forum and the club.

You demoted a staff member just because they use another forum? Even if it's a competition to yours, that's just bad justification.

If I had the decision, to even be an Admin of your site, or to be a member of a huge active community. I'd pick the active community, because yours has nothing to offer at the moment. You should be open to all the help you can get, not turn it away because they're using another forum as well. Yours is not the only forum out there, and it's going to be your downfall if you force people to choose between forums.
(2011-07-13, 03:04 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I have money. I just don't want to spend it on a forum...and to get the full extent of what I'm saying about the guy I demoted: go on my forum. Click on the "'The Pokemon Club International' Thread" redirect. You'll see there- his name is Inferno Knight LC. He barely posts there anymore- and he doesn't on the forum. So, I demoted him.

What date did he stop posting?
What were the circumstances?
No- they don't post in the club which is on the other forum. They don't post in the club or on my forum...they're inactive on both. And yes...I'd actually rather have a small forum (50-100).
I agree with webex. There are a lot of ways to earn online. You must look into them to provide for hosting and domain.
(2011-07-13, 03:13 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]No- they don't post in the club which is on the other forum. They don't post in the club or on my forum...they're inactive on both. And yes...I'd actually rather have a small forum (50-100).

So they have to post in the club on Yu-Gi-Oh forum? I am sorry that just doesnt make sense.
(2011-07-13, 03:13 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]No- they don't post in the club which is on the other forum. They don't post in the club or on my forum...they're inactive on both. And yes...I'd actually rather have a small forum (50-100).

Oh, well then.

If that's what you really want/prefer.

The reality of a 50 - 100 people forum is only around 10 people is active most of the time, 20 if you're lucky.

Web Administration is a hobby to all of us, and the fact is, hobbies are NOT free.

To have a pretty successful one, you need to invest money.
Look at the cost of configuring a really nice fish tank, or the cost of sports equipment.

Web Administration does cost more in the long run, but it's one that can also earn you back a lot of money if properly invested, and done properly.
(2011-07-13, 03:20 PM)rostaria Wrote: [ -> ]

So they have to post in the club on Yu-Gi-Oh forum? I am sorry that just doesnt make sense.

Yes. They have to post there- and they don't. And they don't post on the forum...so why keep them a a mod if they don't even post?

(2011-07-13, 03:25 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, well then.

If that's what you really want/prefer.

The reality of a 50 - 100 people forum is only around 10 people is active most of the time, 20 if you're lucky.

Web Administration is a hobby to all of us, and the fact is, hobbies are NOT free.

To have a pretty successful one, you need to invest money.
Look at the cost of configuring a really nice fish tank, or the cost of sports equipment.

Web Administration does cost more in the long run, but it's one that can also earn you back a lot of money if properly invested, and done properly.

That's the kind of person I am- small amounts. Once (if) I get into bigger administration, then I'll invest money- but that will be a while from now.
And how does it earn me back money? Now THAT I'm highly curious about.
So if I signed up would I have to join the Yu-gi-oh forum?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6