MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Absolutely not. It's available to anybody- members and non-members alike.
(2011-07-13, 02:35 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just going to say this...we can't afford to pay for anything. If it's free, we'll take it. If it costs money, we won't do that.
As for the theme...we're working on that right now. ;D
And more content? Such as?

If you can't invest then prepare to fail, .com or .net or something is a must for any forum that's serious, to me you sound like a few kids playing around.
And this helps me how? I already stated I'm not paying.
(2011-07-13, 05:15 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]That's the kind of person I am- small amounts. Once (if) I get into bigger administration, then I'll invest money- but that will be a while from now.
And how does it earn me back money? Now THAT I'm highly curious about.

That's the main problem. If you are not confident about your forum's success, then how can your members do?
(2011-07-13, 05:15 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]That's the kind of person I am- small amounts. Once (if) I get into bigger administration, then I'll invest money- but that will be a while from now.
And how does it earn me back money? Now THAT I'm highly curious about.

Online Ads & Affiliation Revenue.

All my sites pay themselves, I may even have an extra buck.
So believe me, I'm not spending any of my "own" money anymore.
A lot of other big board owners will testify to that as well.

Especially Labrocca, he's the biggest MyBB owner. I believe he once wrote here that he no longer works any other job because of how much money his sites generate. So his websites has become his own full-time business.

Fantastic, isn't it?
Do you know how to get those online ads? Or are they already there?
(2011-07-13, 05:45 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to get those online ads? Or are they already there?

No, you have to sign up and place the ads on yourself. Primarily Google Ads, if your site is also big enough, you can rent ad space out to those that are willing to pay a set fee.

Such as $50, $100, $200 per month.
Then that all builds up.

But being realistic, your site/forum is far too young to even attempt putting up ads.

Watched "The Social Network" movie? They said "Ads aren't cool" when they weren't sure FB was going to get bigger or not. They felt if they had put on ads earlier on, FB would've gone bust.

That's why the money thing is an important investment.

To help build up a large community, with proper domain & hosting. You can commission special/custom features from any MyBB Developer here and be unique as well. Something to offer that no other site does.

Let's say $5 per month hosting with a free domain, 1and1.com does provide that.

That's $60 / year.
Then if you want something custom done, I don't know, maybe $80 - $120 depending what you want and who can do it for you.
Around $140 - 200 investment for the first year.
If you can manage to sustain around 200 - 500 visits per day, you may be able to earn around $50 per month on Google Ads. At least $10 for sure.

That's a $120 ads revenue in the first year on a low end, and $600 ads revenue on a high end.

If you do this on the 2nd year of your site when you have more users, yeah you may not have earned all your money back yet.

But you're definitely building up to it, and establishing a pretty big community while doing it.
...seems like a boatload of work. But for someone as young as me (14), I don't think legally I can do some of those things yet.
Unless there's an exception for this.
And I've contacted the Co-Owner (Glitch)...he's going to help me with new threads. I have just put up about five new threads...hopefully more to come.
Perhaps this will generate activity?
Just follow Webex's suggestions. Its the best way to build a forum.
He seems like he knows a lot. So in time, I will be able to do some of these things. But I do ask for continual help/support.
Oh...ane perhaps you guys could post some more tips in the "Guest Forum" on the forum? You can post there without registering.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6