MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@weBex- I'm going to tell you one more time, no I'm not trying to advertise. I thank you for what you're trying to do, but I'm not trying to advertise. I'm trying to show off a forum I made. And I was making a statement. =/

@Richard- Like I said....
Quote:I saved them all to a CD which takes too long to load.
(2011-07-19, 01:35 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]@weBex- I'm going to tell you one more time, no I'm not trying to advertise. I thank you for what you're trying to do, but I'm not trying to advertise. I'm trying to show off a forum I made. And I was making a statement. =/

Advertising > Showing Off in your case.
What are you trying to show? That you can install a forum and use a theme by Justin S?

Everyone can do that. If you had some great artwork or a customized theme, then you actually have something.

Not Advertising eh? So I guess you won't be asking for any more "active" members here then.

(2011-07-19, 01:35 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]@Richard- Like I said....
Quote:I saved them all to a CD which takes too long to load.

... What? That's absolute garbage and you know it.
Unless you're still using a computer from the 90s, it doesn't "take too long" to load.

Heck, you don't even need those photos.
http://www.google.ca/search?as_q=Pokemon...80&bih=910

Google them.

You have absolutely no chance of gaining any members with a "Pokemon" forum that doesn't even look like one in addition to zero efforts put into how it looks like.
I honestly don't care what you think. What I'm 'showing off' is that I can control a well-run forum.
And no, this isn't garbage- do you know how many pictures are on that thing?

And I've put plenty of effort into this forum. I'm just trying not to screw anything up.

Sorry I'm not a MyBB professional such as you.
Yup, you run a great 5-Member forum.

I'm sorry you can't accept constructive criticism.

I've filled CDs & DVDs with pictures until it was literally at 700MB (CD) or 4.1 - 4.4GB (For DVD)

So yes, I have a pretty good idea, and I find still find it absolute crap.

But, you don't even need that.
There's several Pokemon resource sites in which you can find high quality images to build a simple banner.

Example:
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/...52944.jpeg

One search and I already found a super high quality image of this Totodile.
Find a few more, I'm not saying you need a ton, you only need a few, and you're capable of splicing an actual Pokemon banner together.

For someone that thinks they put tons of effort into their forum, and showing they can control a "well-run" one too, can't possibly think this is acceptable as a banner:
[Image: mw9tli.gif]
I've been told by others on another forum it looks good.
And..oh yeah...I said a couple pages back I'm still working on the banner.
It takes time.
It does take time. People take the time to finish their forums before showcasing it here, then take the pointers to improve it even further.

But no, you didn't say you were working on any banner.

The only post that touched on it was:

Quote:And about the graphics...if I had some pictures I would, as I am a retired GFX'er.

There's a difference between you would and still working on.

I'd love to see these other forums that gave you such amazing reviews.
Future Paradise is a member of my forum.

He has showcased some pictures which can be seen here
http://doctorwholounge.com/showthread.php?tid=171

I am currently setting him up on a proper mybb forum. Which hopefully will all be sorted by the weekend. He is only 14.
(2011-07-20, 11:04 PM)rostaria Wrote: [ -> ]Future Paradise is a member of my forum.

He has showcased some pictures which can be seen here
http://doctorwholounge.com/showthread.php?tid=171

I am currently setting him up on a proper mybb forum. Which hopefully will all be sorted by the weekend. He is only 14.

ha, using age as an excuse? seriously?
I built my first forum when I was 10, I first hosted a mybb on a free host when I was 11, most 14 year olds know their way around the internet.

Anyways, good luck with your site.
What are you having a go at me for?

I am just trying to help someone get off the ground.
Fantastic Paradise isnt allowed to download anything on the computer he uses. So downloading mybb, filezilla and all the mods is out of the question for him. I think people need to consider things like that.
That's all fine, my issue was just he seems to be acting like he's done a perfect job.

And he could always put on FireFTP, Firefox Extension if he can use FF.

In my work place, we've locked down all Administrator rights from users so they can't install squat.

But, installing Firefox Plugins doesn't appear to require Admin rights, several users had done it.

And of course they can still download files, just can't install things.

So if he can get FireFTP, he's still able to upload a MyBB installation to a server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6