MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Okay I will post one thread in the guest section called tips for newbies.
Well I was referring to how to build up the forum...but that's fine too. That generates some Guest activity. =D
Oh okay. LOL.
It's fine, though. And all true. I've replied to it. xD
I would really like to have some more active members.
(2011-07-17, 12:45 AM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I would really like to have some more active members.

Then MyBB's Community isn't the place for you to be showcasing at.

The introduction note to this forum reads:
The Showcase forum is intended for users to show off their MyBB forums and to receive constructive feedback.

Please read the guidelines before posting your forum or giving feedback.

Not so much a place to gain members.
This is a community of Administrators, most are only here to give feedback on showcased forums.

You're better off finding places you can actually advertise on, other high traffic forums with gaming as their niche, affiliating with gaming sites/forums could work as well. Get all your friends to help post with you, initiate as much discussion as possible.

As the forum owner, you need to do a ton of threads yourself. I'm saying in the range of 20 - 30 threads per day, with responding posts, maybe 50 - 60.

Yeah it's a lot, but you really need to lead the activity.

But you're going to need more than just activity, first start off with a proper theme with a proper banner & some pokemon icons for buttons.

Good luck.
You should really consider changing that logo.
Attempt at following some graphic tutorials, there are tons available online.
I'm not trying to advertise...just show off my latest forum since I moved from MyBBest to MyBBNew.

And about the graphics...if I had some pictures I would, as I am a retired GFX'er.
I saved them all to a CD which takes too long to load.
(2011-07-18, 05:59 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not trying to advertise...just show off my latest forum since I moved from MyBBest to MyBBNew.

No... you are, you said, "I would really like to have some more active members."

People advertise to get active members, how can you be here asking for active members & not advertising?

And I've given you points on how to achieve that.
Yes and what you're showing off is a poorly done logo.. I'm suggesting you to get rid of it.

(2011-07-18, 05:59 PM)Future Paradise Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not trying to advertise...just show off my latest forum since I moved from MyBBest to MyBBNew.

And about the graphics...if I had some pictures I would, as I am a retired GFX'er.
I saved them all to a CD which takes too long to load.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6