MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1.4 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A manual update to 1.2 is a ridiculous thought. We have been improving the MyBB code for months (it's all documented and all conforms to code standards and it's faster and it just plain rocks now), so you can't just replicate that on your own copy without messing up a lot.

We will of course provide upgrade paths from previous MyBB versions, so there should be no need to worry. Those that have heavily modified boards should not worry either - most mods won't work anymore anyway, they will all have to be adapted to work with 1.2.
Doh, I worked a bit less then 6 months to get my board like it is now. Toungue
Then you have something to work on until the next version releases. in about 6 months after the release Big Grin
Yeah indeed, but I won't throw away my version 1.1.4 Toungue I'll keep it as a memory, lol Toungue
I keep things running current. I also keep a directory of all plugins installed. Inside each directory, I place all the plugin files.

I keep an empty directory tree also with .txt files that state what changes I've made. For instance, today when I updated, I placed the two changes I made in the corresponding directories:
html root:
usercp.php-1.1.4.txt

inc:
functions.php-1.1.4.txt

Of course, if I alter for a plugin, I put it like this:
functions.php-pluginname.version.txt

This way, I get all my changes tracked and if I ever have difficulty with things, I can get back to normal quickly and efficiently. Especially since I have a ton of plugins installed.
Smart.

Too late for me. Toungue
lmao. Destoryer, you an me are in the same boat. We're both doomed with upgrading our boards to 1.2 Toungue
Lol, well I have a nice solution Toungue you may be the captain of that boat, and when upgrading to 1.2 you can set up the modification to the boards again!
destroyer Wrote:Lol, well I have a nice solution Toungue you may be the captain of that boat, and when upgrading to 1.2 you can set up the modification to the boards again!

uh, ya, I don't think so Toungue

anyway, we're prolly getting offtopic now
The modifications will probably need to be updated before you can apply them anyway (the ones that use MyBB functions)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9