MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1.4 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'd like to thank the myBB team for keeping my forum safe from attacks. It's nice to see a free software that actually is updated often enough to give Webmasters a sense of trust on their forum script.

Went through the update phase from 1.1.1, so I'm good now. Thanks!
upgraded, i think that this is the most easy upgrade yet!
For god's sake it's only two apostrophe marks that you need to add, which will secure your board from this exploit with no doubt.
DennisTT Wrote:For god's sake it's only two apostrophe marks that you need to add, which will secure your board from this exploit with no doubt.
But, I didn't see anything happen when I used this script, so I'm not sure that I need to upgrade yet.
Can't you just upgrade it? It would only take you like an minute. 0o
I would rather feel safer then being lazy.
Who said that you have to see something happen for it to be a security exploit? By the time someone exploits this on your board, it will be too late to apply the patch. Just be warned. Don't come back crying when your board has been compromised if you take that route.
DennisTT Wrote:Who said that you have to see something happen for it to be a security exploit? By the time someone exploits this on your board, it will be too late to apply the patch. Just be warned. Don't come back crying when your board has been compromised if you take that route.

Because, I deadmined my Cool_Guy account on my forum, ran the script, and nothing happened. I had to use my other admin account to get back my Cool_Guy account to Admin status.
DennisTT Wrote:Who said that you have to see something happen for it to be a security exploit? By the time someone exploits this on your board, it will be too late to apply the patch. Just be warned. Don't come back crying when your board has been compromised if you take that route.

relax a bit Dennis. no need to have a coranary for nothing.

The_nVIDiA_Guy

just update your copy. it will put you at ease of mind.
squall_leonhart69r Wrote:

relax a bit Dennis. no need to have a coranary for nothing.

The_nVIDiA_Guy

just update your copy. it will put you at ease of mind.

OK, but just one last question, is 1.1.3 immune to the script, or do I have the wrong script?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9