MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1.7 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
* servmap patched

great
hey, I never knew I'll get that formatting. I typed
/me pacthed
Well I am very happy that you guys are so quick with the patches. Just wish they didn't happen. Sad

******* hackers..

Please watch your language.
EGS Wrote:Well I am very happy that you guys are so quick with the patches.

Quick? Nope. MyBB were notified of this bad code at the end of March.

Sorry folks, but I'm now a disallusioned myBB user. Our board ranks very high in search engines. Hackers simply search for "Powered by MyBB", and a few minutes later our forums are deleted.

Headaches. We're not at the stage of doing hourly backups, but it is close.
Thanks for the patch!
Updated. Was quite easy. Thanks.
.htaccess your Admin Folder, I believe it will help out alot to prevent hackers.
tinywizard Wrote:Quick? Nope. MyBB were notified of this bad code at the end of March.

Sorry folks, but I'm now a disallusioned myBB user. Our board ranks very high in search engines. Hackers simply search for "Powered by MyBB", and a few minutes later our forums are deleted.

Headaches. We're not at the stage of doing hourly backups, but it is close.
Actually - I was notified the other day in the staff forum by a post moved there. The only reason I hadn't released a patch was that It's been a bit hard to with my schedule and today was my only day off.

This certainly hasn't been around since March and I don't know where you received that information. The only way you'd be talking about March was if you incorrectly thought it was the same as another related avatar URL incident. This is different in the fact that this is caused by entering java[TAB]script which is only affected in IE. This advisory was made public on 24 July and that was the first I'd heard of it.
Thankie, finding out and releasing a patch for it 4 days later isn't really bad. Smile
Great stuff.
HI,

4 days is good. Instead of fixing bugs or developing new forum phpbb guys must be trying hard to get more people to put useless links on their website so phpbb guys can earn money.

Basically phpbb guys are just busy making money out of putting links on their website and they are forgetting other important stuff. What lame asses.

myBB is good.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8