MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cant visit community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2012-03-05, 11:09 PM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really sure what is going on, I haven't really experienced any issues but a lot of people seem to have.

Seeing as not everyone is being affected I assume it's some kind of anti-spam or DDoS protection so I assume Chris is already aware, but if it persists much longer I'll email him and see what's going on.

This is day 3 for me that it's doing this. Do you have access to any stats like Google Analytics to compare against the past week? Maybe even the MyBB forum stats will show a drop in posts/threads/members.

Because I really wonder how many visitors are getting the blank page and assuming the site is offline. Until I was told by a friend to go to another page I had thought MyBB was down. I have the community.mybb.com page bookmarked.

Oh and if Chris is having problems with index.php being attacked I have neat trick always works. Change index.php to index2.php and make a new index.php that's a javascript redirect to index2.php. Stops ddos attacks immediately. Bots don't use javascript nor will follow any redirect/refresh pages. Plus it makes it easier to gather the attacking IPs.
Not been able to access the site for the past 3 days, blank white screen also.
(2012-03-06, 10:24 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Not been able to access the site for the past 3 days, blank white screen also.

Yes I can report the same! Big Grin
Yep me to http://community.mybb.com/ not working from my end.

Edit: this link works though! very odd.
There's no need to 'confirm' that there's an issue. We've made it quite clear we're already aware of it.

(2012-03-06, 07:32 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There's no need to 'confirm' that there's an issue. We've made it quite clear we're already aware of it.

Yea I'm just trying you make you guys realize that vast problem you have here.

It would be so beneficial if someone like Tim had similar access to what Chris has otherwise issues like this could quite possibly be resolved sooner rather than later. This way you wouldn't bring the impression that the community is somewhat closed or inactive. Perhaps editing the homepage to make visitors aware of this problem? (if a fix can't be made soon)
(2012-03-06, 08:31 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I'm just trying you make you guys realize that vast problem you have here.

We already realize how this issue is affecting the community, most probably more than you do. This isn't the only issue we're currently experiencing.

(2012-03-06, 08:31 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be so beneficial if someone like Tim had similar access to what Chris has otherwise issues like this could quite possibly be resolved sooner rather than later.

Even if Tim had more server access that's not to say he'll know how to fix it. Similar discussions have been made recently and they've all led to the same answer. You'll just have to be patient and wait until it's fixed. Chris will get around to it as soon as possible.
I have contacted Chris so hopefully this can be resolved soon.
(2012-03-06, 11:40 PM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]I have contacted Chris so hopefully this can be resolved soon.

Just started working for me very recently (within a hour of this post). I even used the contact form (yesterday) to report it because for awhile I thought it just might be a bad ddos happening over the weekend or something.
Good tip labrocca...thanks !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9