MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cant visit community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
*irritated sigh*

Enough said...
(2012-03-07, 07:57 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Why bother, if the mybb team doesn't bother ?

You simply cannot say we don't 'bother'. A lot goes on behind the scenes. Just because we don't make every discussion we have public, that's not to say we're not trying our hardest.

(2012-03-07, 07:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]They might be afraid to express themselves for fear of getting booted from the team.

That most certainly is not the case. The team is very open about issues which affect the project and the community. No one would be removed from the team for expressing their sole opinion.

(2012-03-07, 07:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB team doesn't as far as I know have server access the way Chris does.

Chris, of course, has full server access. Tim has limited server access. IIRC, Dennis might still have some access too. But what most people forget is MyBB is a completely open source project. No funding, no 24/7 server technicians, just a group of people doing their best to support a project in every means they can. It would be blindingly stupid to hand out server access to just anyone. I'll pass this along internally and get Chris to reply when he gets a chance. Something will be done as some point. That's all I can say.
All,

We're working to have these issues resolved ASAP.

At a first glance, nothing is immediately obvious with the problems - there's no supporting error information in our logs anywhere, etc.
Chris, don't mean to sound patronising or anything, but have you tried re-uploading index.php? I've seen a few people with that problem Smile
(2012-03-08, 09:38 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Chris, don't mean to sound patronising or anything, but have you tried re-uploading index.php? I've seen a few people with that problem Smile

I already suggested that. Wink

He's tweaked a few things internally. Not if if it's made any affect, but as I haven't experienced this issue I can't say.
Well, it works for me now Big Grin
(2012-03-08, 09:47 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 09:38 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Chris, don't mean to sound patronising or anything, but have you tried re-uploading index.php? I've seen a few people with that problem Smile

I already suggested that. Wink

He's tweaked a few things internally. Not if if it's made any affect, but as I haven't experienced this issue I can't say.
It's working now. Curious what level the issue was at. The firewall, the site, or the service. I don't think we need a complete detailed account but I'm very curious about what caused this issue for nearly 5 days.
(2012-03-08, 03:29 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's working now. Curious what level the issue was at. The firewall, the site, or the service. I don't think we need a complete detailed account but I'm very curious about what caused this issue for nearly 5 days.

I can safely say it was a caching issue at server level.
(2012-03-08, 03:40 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-08, 03:29 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's working now. Curious what level the issue was at. The firewall, the site, or the service. I don't think we need a complete detailed account but I'm very curious about what caused this issue for nearly 5 days.

I can safely say it was a caching issue at server level.

Hmm..interesting. I do appreciate the reply and satisfying my curiosity.

If it's fixed, I'd say the issue was definitely the XCache module for PHP. We've switched to APC for now.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9