MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I made a temporary quick fix, for those interested in it, until we get an official solution.
Find this in newreply.php
        if(!$pid && !$mybb->input['previewpost'])
        {
                $subject = "RE: " . $thread['subject'];
        }

And remove the "RE: ". part, so it looks like this:
        if(!$pid && !$mybb->input['previewpost'])
        {
                $subject = $thread['subject'];
        }

Also, go in admincp->templates&style->templates->your template ->show thread->showthread_quickreply
Find
value="RE: {$thread['subject']}"
And remove the RE: part, so it looks like this:
value="{$thread['subject']}"

This will have your replies' subjects appear the same as the thread's subject. They won't contain "RE: " infront of it. However, I have removed the replies' subjects from displaying in showthread for clearness sake, so I have no difference in my case.
Thanks Crow

I will use patches plugin to fix this until gets fixed in other update
was there ever an official fix for this yet?
Nope. Well, not that I know of. But, it doesn't seem like a really big deal.
(2012-05-26, 11:28 AM)Odin of Aesir Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Well, not that I know of. But, it doesn't seem like a really big deal.
It's a big deal.

Was this added in 1.6.8? Smile

However, am making a change now. Always face this bug when the thread title chars are more, which are major time over UB.
Do people really make titles with over 85 characters that often? I had no idea. Please excuse my uninformedness. Toungue
Just came here to add a few words. I am not sure why there wasn't a fix for 1.6.8 . With 1.6.7, I had easily changed and fixed the bug, but I had and having hard time to fix it (about 99 characters and won't work just removing the RE: part) for 1.6.8. I had edited quick reply , newreply (made subject as "." instead of the original subject of the thread to make it short) and also did 2-3 numerous edits in newreply.php file.

I hope you guys release a fix for it or at least carry out the fix in 1.6.9 (I guess that would be too long to fix with).
Yeah I am shocked that this bug is still around Sad
MyBB should consider "RE: " in the title length.
Removing RE: fixed in 1.6.7 but won't work in 1.6.8 as I updated in my above post. You'd have nasty time to get an incomplete fix even after doing numerous edits as I did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10