MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Add the following line to ./inc/languages/english/datahandler_post.lang.php after $l['postdata_message_too_short'].

$l['postdata_subject_too_long'] = 'The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently {1}).';
(2012-12-02, 01:19 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Add the following line to ./inc/languages/english/datahandler_post.lang.php after $l['postdata_message_too_short'].

$l['postdata_subject_too_long'] = 'The subject is too long. Please enter a subject shorter than 85 characters (currently {1}).';

What about the post.php? It throws a 404 for me.
(2012-12-02, 07:54 PM)king_og Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 01:19 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Add the following line to ./inc/languages/english/datahandler_post.lang.php after $l['postdata_message_too_short'].

http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/reposi...s/post.php
(2012-12-02, 09:29 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 07:54 PM)king_og Wrote: [ -> ]

http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/reposi...s/post.php

Still a 404. Undecided
Edit: Well, nevermind. I found out you need to be logged in.. Throwing 404's for guests = not a good idea.
I'm not logged in and the diff(the thing I linked to) works fine.
Just noticed it doesn't even work right now even if I'm logged in..
I believe the changes mentioned by Pirata and Nathan were implemented in 1.6.7 and are still present in 1.6.8. They don't fix the problem only provide a more informative message to the user Toungue

A separate issue (#2003) has been made more recently which focuses on this particular problem.

I have attached the diff report you're trying to get to though just in case you're interested. Smile
So, this doesn't even actually fix our problem?

Any other workarounds?
mybb team
please fix is make +5 characters for reply..
(2012-12-14, 07:46 AM)netsat Wrote: [ -> ]mybb team
please fix is make +5 characters for reply..

Or to not hardcode the title length limit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10